iv. Talk to the Finger

Almost as soon as they had reached the outside of the front office and been let go by the directors, Alana was standing on her tiptoes and looking for her friends.

She found Ian and Lucas first, since they were in her section before Eli and Laila were sidling up next to her as they reached the door, heading inside and out of the drizzle. Her gloves were already off, stored in the pocket of her raincoat and she had already quickly began to unzip her coat, wanting to take the damn thing off as quickly as she could.

"I can't believe how greet we sounded," Alana said, bouncing her way down the halls. The dampness of her dinkles caused her to slide a bit and bump into french hornest in front of her. He glanced back at her and she gave an apologetic smile. "Sorry."

"Consider how little practice we got on the last movement," Lucas said. Alana just shrugged, still bouncing as she walked. She was basically skipping.

"I think we did amazing. Actually no! Better than amazing. Like super duper amazingly good!" She grinned, her voice slowly getting louder among the other band members. "So good in fact that I bet if we were in a real life actual competition.... like if we were competiting, competiting.... then I bet we would totally have won!"

"Okay," Owen said. Him and Alex pushed off from the wall were they had been waiting. "Who gave you sugar?"

"No one! I gave myself sugar!" She laughed. "Why were you standing there by the way?"

"We could hear you way up there," Alex said, frowning. "And we went, oh hey I betcha our great and amazing friends are back there with that terrible and crazy sister of mine. Let's wait for them!"

"If I'm crazy, then you're crazy." Alana poked at him. "You're my twin after all. We're practically the same. Well, I mean except you have a dick and I don't."

"Ah, yes. That's the only difference." He deadpanned. She stuck her tongue at him and would've thrown one of her gauntlets at him, if she wasn't so worried of losing it or one of the buttons falling off.

"Come on," Laila tugged at her arm, pulling her into the orchestra room. "Let's hurry up. I want to get there before the video starts."

Alana kicked her shoes off almost immediatly, one shoe bounicing off the leff of the chair and the other rolling to a stop just before hitting Eli.

"Careful!" Eli was kneeling in front of a chair, carefully taking a part her instrument.

"Sorry," Alana said, but she was grinning as she slid on her damp socks to her case. She squated down to put her own instrument away.

Soon she was yanking her coat and pants off. Eli was still putting her instrument away, tucking each piece in carefully.

"Alright, I'm ready." Alana held her hanger up, the uniform pants crooked and the coat sliding off one end. "Well, almost ready, I guess I should say."