vii. When in Band....

Almost the second their teacher said, "You may choose your partner," Alana was up and moving. She ignored Owen as he watched her, his mouth set in a frown, as she dodged several other moving students and made her way over to Emmett. She gave him a slow (what she hoped was somewhat flirty), smile as she took one of the seats by him.

"¿Comó estás?" She said, leaning her head on her hand. Her elbow was resting on the empty table she had taken as her other hand absentmindedly flipped through the pages of her textbook, in a more than sad attempt to find the right page. Emmett smirked and stopped her hand by placing his own on the page. As soon as her hand had fluttered to a stop, resting on the desk beside the book, he flipped it to the right spot in one swift motion.

When he looked up, an eyebrow raised and his brown eyes reminding her of a dog's eyes, her heart almost fluttered to a stop as well. She smiled back, hoping she didn't look to scary.

"I'm good, you?" he said and her smile turned into a frown for a second. She had forgotten that she had asked him a question only moments later; however, he should've answered in Spanish.

Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, she glanced around to make sure the teacher wasn't near enough to them to have heard his English. If she had, she might take participation points off of her grade and Alana could really not lose any more points in that class.

Her teacher wasn't anywhere near them, she was at the exact opposite side of the classroom, but she still didn't want to take any chances.

His laugh, made her look away from the teacher, glancing at him before blushing and looking down at the desk.

"I'm sorry, I forgot we were supposed to speak in only Spanish," he said and even she couldn't pretend the sarcasm wasn't there. "¿Le gusta ir al cine?"

She looked back up, squinting at him. She knew the first half of that sentence, but 'al cine' was something she either hadn't learned or couldn't remember. "Um, ¿Qué?"

"Al cine. Viernes. Siete de la noche. Tú y yo," he said smirking and her face twisted up in even more confusion.

"Tú y los viernes, ¿dondé?" Alana asked, still not sure what 'al cine' meant or where they would even be at seven at night. Definitely not at school, as it would be closed, obviously. Maybe at home? She looked down, her hand already twitching to look up the word in the back of her textbook.

Emmett's smirk turned down for a half a second as he gave an impatient sigh, making her look back up. He was smirking again by the time she was looking at him again. "I was asking you out on a date, love. Don't make plans for Friday. I'll pick you up at seven."

Almost as soon as he had finished his sentence, the bell rang – it was like he had planned it. He got up and Alana was following him quickly, her stuff long forgotten in the classroom.