Chapter 82: Setsu

There wasn't even enough time to finish a full cup of tea before there was a knock on the door. Ki looked at me wondering if she should open it or not as I was currently not in my usual young master mode. I straightened my back and adjusted my outfit before I nodded to her.

I had only been in school for a bout an hour at it seemed trouble had already found me. When Ki opened the door I expected the royals or maybe even Sora and his crew but what I got instead was a guard with a blue cloak and an insignia that I had only seen once or twice.

He wore a strong expression on his face which was stern but youthful as well as short brown hair that had been trimmed into clean and neat spikes. In a lot of ways if it wasn't for his armor I would have assumed he was a singer for a famous band.

I was so busy admiring him that I had forgotten to listen to the conversation. Just who was he? What was his name? My heart began to race and before I knew it I was lost for words. Ki before long had closed the door and the figure of the soldier was nowhere to be seen.

I shook my head to focus myself from my daze as Ki handed me a letter. It was in an envelope that was sealed with blue wax. The symbol of a peacock was stamped in a fluid motion. Bold brushstrokes with red ink were written across the front of the envelope giving it an almost ominous feel.

I opened the message that was contained inside.

It only had a few words contained inviting me to share a dinner with the Vance students who had come to represent their country. It mentioned that we the dress code would be formal and to come at 8pm tonight if I was interested.

The words did not give away any of their intentions and Crown Prince Romeo had formally signed it in blue pen. I closed my eyes before placing it down.

"Young master does it say anything we need to be aware of?" Ki said looking at the letter and envelope.

I picked up the letter before placing it into her hands. Ki, Ren and even Loki took turns looking at it, each having their own opinion on the matter.

Ki said that I shouldn't go, Ren said that if I did go that I had to bring a guard and Loki just laughed playfully and said "What could possibly go wrong?"

[ Kibbles do you want some free grub?]

"Yes! I am drooling already!" Kibbles said as he jumped off Loki and walked over to my shoulder before nuzzling it.

I looked over at Loki with a triumphant smile before touching Kibbles gently on the head.

Loki looked at me as if I was childish and shook his head before shrugging his shoulders.

I poked my tongue out and pouted.

"Did you happen to get that soldiers name?" I said to Ki.

"I didn't, did you need it?" Ki replied in response.

"No no! It's okay... It's no big deal really!" I said flustered.

"Oh no big deal huh? Then why are your cheeks red?" Ren said pointing at me.

"Shhh!! I don't even know him!" I almost shouted.

"Yuki? Did you think he was handsome?" Ki said playfully.

"A little .. no not at all!" I said shaking my head.

" He was pretty handsome" Loki said in a cool tone.

I knew I was being teased but he really was handsome.

I was confused as to why I thought so highly of him but in a lot of ways he reminded me of a college student back on Earth. Maybe it was a sense of nostalgia? I couldn't tell all I knew was that I wanted to get to know him more.