Chapter 96: War System, Get!

The days had come and gone for me since the incident that had now been called operation fish prince. Ki, Ren, Loki and I had all been practicing not only our abilities but our team work. It was not the day for the competition against not only the crown prince of Vance but against the rest of the nobles of Tama too.

I had woken up in an energetic mood today as the War System had finally become accessible to me.

[ Menu ]

As I thought about the Lubu System Menu there was two push able buttons. One had Kibbles holding a heart while the other had Kibbles holding a sword and a shield. In big bubble font was the words " Love" and "War" on each respective side.

Still sitting in bed I decided to mentally think about the war section and the button for war was clicked.

{ All is fair in Love and War! }

The systems voice sung in my head in a monotone voice.

The war system was pretty basic. There was a tonne of new abilities that I could unlock. Each ability had a price as well as a description. What had startled me was that each new ability had a set of requirements to use it. There was also little cartoon versions of me using the abilities as a sort of tutorial so I could visually see how each ability worked.

I left like applauding Cupid for his hard work. This very much felt like I was selecting abilities in a video game.

After watching the cartoon instructional video, I found out that I could use these abilities as much as I wanted but only for two minutes for now before I upgraded to the next Rank in my magic, after I had used up my timer I would become temporarily exhausted.

This would only happen if I spent an excess of mana however. The weaker the abilities the easier they were to use with less exhaustion.

There was so many abilities on the list I decided to look at the cheapest one first as my dealings with Crown Prince Romeo had left me pretty broke.

{ Ability Name: Flower Blossom Walk | Description: Make flowers grow and bloom with each step, great for parties! | Unlock: 1DD| Requirements: Seed or flowers in Immediate Area }

[ I am not sure how useful this will be but for 1 DD... I guess I should buy it. ]

[ Unlock Flower Blossom Walk ]

{ Unlocking Flower Blossom Walk -1 DD | 434 DD Remaining }

{ Congratulations Flower Blossom walk has been added to Overdrive abilities! | Congratulations Flower Blossom walk has been added to regular abilities! }

[ Looks like I can use this one out of Overdrive mode! ]

I continued to scroll down the list while the warble of the morning birds kept me company. There were a few abilities that I couldn't afford right now like "Overgrowth" and " Spore" which at a whopping 500DD each were stronger versions of my regular abilities " Grow" and " Seep" that I had learned naturally through training.

What had surprised me however was there was not only attack magic abilities to unlock but there were also defensive ones like " Iron Bark" Which was sitting at 500DD that could surround the user with an especially hard tree bark.

There was also " Cover" for 450 DD that allowed the user to stealth in forest areas. With my measly amount of Doki Dollars it looked like I wasn't able to unlock much but I ended up buying the ability " Shield" which cost me 275 DD.

It honestly looked like the most useful right now. As I clicked on in mentally a little video of a cartoon version of me holding a seed in my hand and it exploding into a spartan style shield to block an attack.