Chapter 91: Expensive Cars And Designer Handbags

If buying expensive cars and designer handbags were Earth's way of showing off wealth, going to the Main Magicus School for the Gifted Elite was the way of the Tama empire. I looked down at the required list of materials for my apothecary class and my eyeballs bulged in horror after I realised not only how hard it was to get the items but the prices that were going to be involved.

40 x pieces of Low-Rank Water Essence Stones

100 x pieces of Low -Rank plants of various species

25 x Ambient Yin Vials

25 x Volatile Yang Vials

35 x Compound Components

And a damn Mixer Array Table! This was just the apparent "basics" for the first few months. I was told during lunch by my cousins that each of these items would cost around 25 gold pieces per batch and the mixer array table would go for at least 300 pieces of fine Tama gold.

To put this into perspective it was apparently enough for someone in the lower crust of society to live on for the next 30 years and all of these items were supposed to be thrown away so I could learn how to make potions?

Ridiculous!

I came from a middle-class family back on Earth but even then thinking about this made my eyes bulge. Being independent of my parents at a young age back on Earth had taught me how to be alone and earn enough money to eat. I didn't want to ask for any handouts especially from my grandpa who had already paid for my tuition, just thinking about how much it costs to send me here made my mind boggle.

[ These spoilt rich kids!!! ]

I spent lunch catching up with Setsu, Tomo and Hina. It was really nice to get to know my cousins again after not seeing them for so long, Tomo had grown much taller and his cheekbones had become more defined I couldn't help by nod my head in admiration when he told me he was learning how to take over the Tiegan Auction House.

When the conversation came up about me making money to pay off my own school supplies ( amongst other things that I didn't want to tell them ) he talked my head off* about various ideas for getting rich quick.

The most feasible was to set up a contract with the auction house. It would basically mean that I would grow plants give them to Tamo and Hina to deliver they would auction them off for me. Then their company would take a small cut and deliver the funds.

I mentioned the Tanaka food supply family to Tamo and asked him what he thought about me using their seeds and buying in bulk to save money.

The surprising thing was that my cousin had never heard of the concept of buying in "bulk" and I had to sit there and explain to him what it meant. By the end of my explanation, he had moved from actively listening and nodding to taking notes on his napkin like a madman before quickly excusing himself and running away like his pants were on fire leaving me no choice by to talk to Hina about my money saving plans before she too ran off.

They had been no help when it came to the Tanaka family known as the best in Tama for supplying foods and seeds. I vaguely remembered the kids from when I met them at my birthday party but as far as calling on them to do business I didn't have too much of a rapport.

[ Perhaps I could get grandfather to reintroduce me to them? ]

But at least a way to safely make use of my wood magic and train at the same time had been acquired. This cheat like wood magic made me one of the best farmers I could think of as I was basically a plant growing machine at this point.

I mean it wasn't exactly ideal for being a mighty general or marching into war but it would only be another day or so before I could start using the Lubu Lubu War System and I hope that between making money and training I would have enough to buy my school supplies with enough money to hire some mercenaries to find traces of my father.