Chapter 107: The Dredge Lands (Part 2)

It had felt like we had been walking since before the concept of time had even begun. Our lips had cracked and our throats parched. Steps had slowed and no one, not even Sora, had the slightest amount of energy to talk

I looked at the shifting sands and watched a little bit of sand slide down from a dune as the wind blew. The whole area looked like a stormy sea that had been frozen by some sort of time magic. Each step we took sinking further and further into the ground.

[ At least we haven't run into any spirit beasts]

" Nathan home much longer?!" Loki said as he focused on his feet.

" Not long" Nathan replied with a heavy tone.

" You said that an hour ago," Sora said with a whiny voice.

" If you have the strength to complain you have the strength to walk," Heyu said as he slapped Sora's shoulder.

" Wait do you see that?!" Sora said excitedly.

I looked at the direction that Sora was pointing in and saw nothing but the heat coming off the sand piles.

[ What is he looking at? ]

" See what?" Heyu replied.

" Water! SO MUCH WATER!" Sora shouted excitedly.

" I don't see any," Heyu said disappointedly.

" Me either," Nathan said flatly.

" Must be the spell of the sand," Loki replied shaking his head.

" You mean a mirage?" I replied quietly as I watched Sora run off towards the sand pile in front of us.

" Precisely," Loki said nodding.

We watched as Sora ran at full speed towards the sand pile. He suddenly looked to his left and his right before staring back at us all with a disappointed look on his face.

" Where did the water go?" Sora said confused.

" There wasn't any to begin with," Heyu said as he moved Kibbles from on shoulder to the other.

Sora plopped on the desert sad before punching it.

" THIS SUCKS BIG TIME!" Sora said as he began to vent out all of the frustrations he had.

Sora began mumbling so much that his teeth began to chatter. Kibbles jumped of Heyu's shoulder and landed on the ground. He walked up to Sora and attempted to pull him up with his teeth but it didn't work to well. It wasn't long before Kibbles gave up and walked to my side.

" Are we close?" I said.

" Mm apparently we are right above a water source," Nathan said as he closed his eyes and focused.

" Heyu, you have earth magic right? Can you shift this sand here?" Nathan said as he pointed to a spot on the dirt.

" I am actually a doll user but one of my little ones should be able to the job quite easily" Heyu Said with a flick of his hair before he asked me to pull out a few clumps of clay from my storage ring.

" I have never seen this sort of magic before," I said as I got the clay out and passed it to him.

He took it from my hand gently before smiling.

" You should be in for quite a treat then," Heyu said with a grin.

" Watch closely now," Heyu said as he noticed us all gathering.

He pushed all of the clay pieces together before making them merge into a shape that reminded me of a small person with drills for hands. Nodding in satisfaction Heyu asked me to take out an Earth gem from my storage ring before he inserted it into the back of the doll.