Chapter 101: The Trial

I walked in a slow pace with guards in front of me and behind. They had allowed Kibbles to rest on my shoulder but Loki had to take a seat in one of the stands that were packed with people. I glanced up for a little spotting a few people here and there that I knew but for the most part, I had not the faintest idea who half of the people were.

I looked down at my shoes as I shuffled towards the podium where I would be tried and most likely sentenced. I could not help but try to stop myself from smiling. I had a plan that might just work out best for everyone.

The crowd began to mumble as I made my way up to my seat. I was not handcuffed nor was I shackled. It seemed that at least the royal family was kind enough to give me my dignity as I was made to plan the role of the villain. At least the Yuki from the game and me as Yuki now had something in common.

This world it seemed was very different to Romance Fantasy ++ all the key elements were there but it had become more of a choose your own adventure novel rather than the harem game that I had played.

I took in a big breath of air and turned around as I looked at the people who had just appeared. The King of Tama was an elderly man that had more wrinkles on his face then anyone dared to count. The king looked like he had robbed a jewellery store as he was covered head to toe in diamonds and gold.

Vance royal fashion looked terribly guady to me.

Romeo was not dressed much better I looked at him before glancing away unable to look into his eyes. He did not seem wounded in the least as he walked up to seats on the other side of me and sat down with his father.

The next to come in were the emperor, the square empress and the three royal siblings. They all sat up in front of the courtroom. Nathan looked down at me for a brief moment before nodding his head and staring at the ground. Rosli looked like she wanted to say something as she nodded and Leopold had his hand clenched.

[ Thank you for worrying about me everyone ]

I patted Kibbles who was sitting on my shoulder before finally my grandfather came and sat down next to me. He grabbed my hand from Kibbles and without saying a word held it. His warm hands felt soothing.

" Today we are gathered discuss the future of Yuki Akiyo, All rise and bow to the King!" A man shouted to the audience.

Everyone including myself and my grandfather stood up and bowed. All except the Vance Emporer who merely nodded. We all sat down in unison creating a strange sound that echoed through the air.

" Yuki Akiyo rise and make your way to the podium," The Emporer said as he eyed me off.

I shuffled over and stood as my designated spot. It was in front of the king and he looked down at me for a moment before nodding.

" Do you understand why you are here today?" The Tama king said.

" Yes, your majesty," I said politely.

" Please explain it to the court," The king replied.

" It is because I slapped Crown Prince Romeo for arranging the nobles of Tama to gang up on my team during the Arena battle resulting in the death of teammate Ki Akiyo," I said as I choked on the last few words.

And eruption of murmurs was heard throughout the courtroom starting as a dull sound to a loud exchange of conversation.

" Silence!" Shouted the man who was aiding the king.

" NONSENSE! He tried to murder my son!" bellowed the Vance King as pit flew from his lips.

The murmurs erupted further. It seemed as though no one had heard the entire story as even the Tama king had his eyebrow raised.