Chapter 24

There is nothing to be nervous about

There is nothing to be nervous about. Emery told herself once again as she scanned her dinner attire in the dressing mirror.

This was not the first time she was going on a date but her nerves had not gotten the gist yet.

Comfort yet elegant was what she was going for and after minutes of ransacking her closet, she finally decided on an ivory ankle-length dress. She had worn it once so it would have to do. And it matched the gold platform heels and gold clutch she purchased for the graduation after-party she was unable to attend.

Gently, Emery adjusted the pins holding her hairstyle in place. She winced when the damn thing still managed to poke her scalp.

Taking a seat on the footstool in front of the vanity, she strapped on her heels and went ahead to do her makeup. As usual, she went in for a simple nude shade and sprinkled on some perfume afterward.

Once done, she grabbed her purse and stuff some needed items in there. A ChapStick, one tiny pack of mint gum, tissues and some cash was all she needed. There. That was decent enough for a first date at Becca's.

Her phone rang and she rushed to the bed for it, thinking that it was him. But it was a video call from Natalia. She picked up.

"Wow, girl you're slaying tonight."

"Thanks boo."

"Aunt Em you beautiful!"

Emery chuckled at little Alexis words. "Hi Lexy." she waved back at the girl. "Thanks baby."

"Alright run along and let me do some adult talking."

"Where are her parents?" Emery asked when Alexis was out of sight.

"On a date. Seriously those two need it. Talking about dates. I got your text. Girl what the fuck are you nervous about?"

Emery sighed. "Honestly, I don't know. Its been a long time since I went on one so I guess its just a normal reaction?"

'Sis just loosen up and enjoy yourself.'

Emery nodded in agreement.

'And I want details of your Emellion time together.'

"Em, what?" Emery burst into laughter. "where the hell did you get that one from?"

'Well duh. It wasn't difficult to come by.'

A knock on the front door made her cut their conversation short. "I think he is here," she said giddily and took another look at herself in the mirror.

'Well go ahead and remember to enjoy yourself.'

"I will, boo. Call you when I get back." she hung up.