A Master Attendant

-*- *Childhood* 3rd POV -*-
"Ne, ne! Grandma! What is this stuff?" Ryori asked her granny curiously. "Oh...where did you find this little lady? Did you sneak into the office from grandpa again?" The white haired lady asked her little grandchild.

"You know, it's actually better if I show you what this stuff is, and how you can use it." She moved away from her chair and waited for Ryori to follow.

"Can I try it grandma? I would love to use this beautiful dust!" She got up and dusted her knees, before she was running to catch up with her grandma.

-*- A little while later -*-

Both of them were now in the house of Ryori's grandparents. The grandmother prepared everything with the help of little Ryori. "We are ready to use it!"

"But grandma! You didn't tell me what that stuff is! And for what it is neither." Ryori pouted at her granny for forgetting it. "Ah yes, I'm sorry little lady. I was just so excited to use it! Well this stuff that you called dust, is nothing else than Soul Ember."

"S-soul Ember...that's a weird name. But I like it! What's it for?" While Ryori was excited to find out what this so called Soul Ember could do, the granny just chuckled and explained after a while what that "stuff" was for.

"With this Soul Ember, you'll be able to summon a friend. A friend that stays with you till the day you started your eternal sleep" she patted her head gently.

"A friend that stays with me for so long, I always wanted a friend like this! How do we start summoning them?" "First, you have to believe in them so that your prayers will be heard by them." The granny explains the steps to her little bundle of happiness before they actually started it.

"Ok grandma! I'm gonna try it now!" Ryori folded her hands and prayed that one of those called friends heard her wishes. She proceeded with the other steps and the Soul Ember started to glow in all it's beauty.

Ryori was so mesmerized by this, that she didn't even noticed that someone or "something" (for some they are not persons in the game) was coming out of it. "Ryori, don't forget your friend." Her grandma poked her on the cheek to wake her up from this mesmerizing.

"H-huh? Oh yeah! My friend!" She folded her hands again but didn't close their eyes. The Soul Ember started to fade away and left something behind them, the so called friend of Amai Ryori.

-*- *Childhood* 3rd POV over -*-

あ Ryori POV あ<-(Hiragana "a")

I woke up from the sunbeams that graced my features from the open curtains and a little voice calling out to me. "Master Attendant, Master Attendant! Wake up. You only have 3 hours to prepare everything for the restaurant!"

The little figure started to shake my body in hope of waking me up. "You know Rice, I had a beautiful dream~ it was when I summoned you with the help of my grandma." "I remember it Master Attendant. You were so happy to see me. And I was happy that you've become my Ma- wait, Master Attendant is trying to distract me again!"

"Oh, you've got me Rice." My so called friend had for some reason the name of the food rice, but that never bothered me in the slightest. Since I didn't knew anything about friends, I thought this was normal.

Rice and I prepared some Sakurajima Style dishes for our restaurant in Gloriville. With the help of my grandparents, I could afford this establishment and pay their kindness off with food that I myself created, of course with the help of my friend Rice.

"Master Attendant I finished the Baked Potatoes! Shall I make another bunch of them?" "Thanks Rice and one more bunch shouldn't be necessary. We only need them and this for today I guess." I said while placing some Boiled Lettuce on the counter.

"Ok Rice, because of your great help today, you can turn our sign to open!" "Yey it's my time to flip again!" Rice said with enthusiasm. She flipped the signs from closed to open, and then we waited for our regular bunch of guest to come.

-*- Some small talk later -*-

あ Rice POV あ

Master Attendant brought the last guest out, before flipping the sign to closed. I watched them from afar. "Master Attendant! Great job today right?" I hold my thumbs up, just as Master Attendant showed me to.

Then they gave me a warm smile and gave me a thumbs up back. "Yeah Rice, we both did a good job today again!" I was so happy to hear their words that I couldn't help it but run up to them and hug them. "I'm still so happy to be your Fo- I mean friend!"

Back then Master Attendant's grandmother told be to keep it a secret that I was a Food Soul and that I shouldn't call them Master Attendant. But I couldn't just call them with their name, this is against the aesthetics of Food Souls but she looked so sad. That's why I promised her at least that I'll hide the fact that I'm a Food Soul for awhile. [I just hope that I'm able to say it to Master Attendant some day what I actually am.]<-(When they think)

あ Ryori POV あ

Soon the sun started to fade, I brought Rice back up to her room and told her to sleep quietly. "Master Attendant, I hope that you get a good nights rest." I love her smile, I wanna protect the smiles of my friends and in order for that I need to work hard. "Don't worry Rice. I'll get some sleep after I calculated our income for today okay?" I closed the door of their chamber and made my way to my own room. Their, I let the little lamp on my work desk shine in a dim light.

"Argh, we won't survive like this. The restaurant and Rice won't survive like this. I need new ideas to save them." The next morning I woke up from my desk and looked around me. [Thank goodness she didn't woke me up just yet.] While making my way to my bed, I thought about our situation and what I could do to save Rice and the restaurant.

Just then I heard the door open and closed my eyes as fast as I could. "Master Attendant, you need to wake up when the sun is already out their!" She shook my body again. "Y-yeah I get it Rice, I'll try to wake up next time early ok?"

"Master Attendant said that last week too." "Do you have the memories of an elephant or something? Anyway don't worry I'll get up." As soon as I got out of bed, Rice already went down to prepare the meals. But before I could look at the documents again, I heard the surprised voice of Rice.

"Rice? Rice what's going o-" before I could properly ask Rice why she sounded so surprised, I saw the source of it. "Good evening you two."

AN: Little notice of me! (Ignore it if you want) I wanted to thank you again for reading this story of mine. And next chapter will reveal some stuff! Hope to see you next time! d(^_^o)