Trouble In Sight!

-*- 3rd POV -*-
Rice, (F/N) and Ryori where working on a new dish for the restaurant, since (F/N) joined their party, more customers came in and the restaurant itself looked more appealing then before.

"So all we need to do is grill those mushrooms in this wok, and then sautéed it with this butter. Got it?" (F/N) explained it while demonstrating it themselves. "And that's called Mushroom Yaki right? It's from the Sakurajima Style, so I approve it!"

Rice just stood there and watched them both, not knowing what she herself could do right now, since (F/N) was doing such great work on their own. "Master Attendant? I would love to help if there is anything I can do." She tugged the sleeves from Ryori to get her attention.

"Don't worry Rice, today you have a free day okay? Just take some time for yourself." Rice was thankful for her Master Attendant to think about her, but it didn't satisfy her to just stand here and do nothing. "Uhm guys, I think we are out of mushrooms for the guest."

"What? Don't worry, we just need to order another bunch don't we?" Ryori tried to think reasonable. "Not really, there is another way of getting the things we need. Let's search in the Secret Forest for them, since this forest has such a variety of good ingredients."

"But Master Attendant, in this forest are a lot of Fallen Angels! It's really dangerous." Rice cries out in concern. "Don't worry Rice, I (L/N) (F/N) am a Student of Olivia! And she showed me how to get Soul Ember myself." After their little speech, they presented both of them a bag full of Soul Ember.

あ Ryori POV あ

My eyes started to sparkle, because the last time I saw this Soul Ember where 10 years ago. "We are gonna summon another Food Soul right?!" "Wha! Don't shook me! And of course we are gonna summon a Food Soul, but not one. We have enough to summon like 10 of them!" 10 new Food Souls, I'm so excited that I took the bag from (F/N).

"Okay let's do it! I know how to summon them, so don't worry!" I've was running to the backyard, doing everything like my grandma taught me. Folding my hands I started to summon my second Food Soul in my life. "Ryori, I wasn't made for running that fast!" I heard the voice of (F/N) and also the tiny footsteps from Rice herself.

"Sorry guys, I was just so excited to bring a new Food Soul here!" Before they had any chance to reply, the Food Soul started to appear in front of us. "Greetings. You should feel honored by the arrival of this young lady. Has the welcome ceremony been prepared?"

I blankly stared at this Food Soul, and in the next moment I hugged her with everything I've got. "Greetings! My name is Amai Ryori and today, I'll be your new Master Attendant!" "M-master Attendant please watch it, I don't want my fan to be crushed!" I backed off in realization of what I'm doing. "Oh I'm so sorry! Your fan is alright, right?"

She sighed and shook her head. "Please refrain yourself from destroying it. And let me introduce myself again, my name is Crepe and I hope that a room was already prepared for me?" She fanned herself and awaited an answer from me. "Yeah I have enough room for lots of Food Souls! But we'll have a mission soon, that's why I'm summoning other Food Souls!"

I started again but something went wrong, because Crepe was standing in the Soul Ember Circle again. "Uhm, Crepe? I'm trying to summon someone else." She sighed "I realize that, but it seems like you don't have control over this power of yours?" (F/N) frowned "What do you mean? No control over her power?"

"You really don't know? There are people who are able to summon us right, and some people can't do it. Or else everyone with Soul Ember would have a Food Soul isn't that right?" These words of Crepe somehow made sense to me, since I never saw anyone else in town with a Food Soul except for Olivia.

"Well, does that mean (F/N) isn't able to use it?" I turned my head to them but they avoided my gaze. "Sorry, shouldn't have asked that. But I'm still allowed to use it right (F/N)?" They gave me a wry smile and nodded their head.

-*- Some summoning later -*-
-*- 3rd POV -*-

The whole group went at some point quite, why? Because Ryori was able to only summon 4 other Food Souls. She summoned Crepe for a third time, Milk for a third time and Macaron for a second time! Despite that she was able to summon Tom Yum and Black Tea as well. "I'm so sorry that I summoned you guys so much, and I'm sorry that I used your whole Soul Ember (F/N)!"

"Nah, we were still able to get a whole team with us, and you're new to summoning so much." (F/N) tried to comfort them. "We should start with the mission Master Attendant shouldn't we?" Black Tea said while checking her twin pistols. "Yeah let's go! And don't worry Master Attendant, I'll protect you from any danger!" Tom Yum said it proudly.

The group started to gather everything they needed for the restaurant while the Food Souls were handling the Fallen Angels. "Rice, you have to stay with me. You can't combat those Fallen Angels...so please be careful." Rice just nodded their head and came closer to Ryori.

-*- Some time later -*-

あ Rice POV あ

Everyone, me included, were now heading back to the restaurant. "You guys were incredible! I never knew what Food Souls were capable of." This comment of Master Attendant made me sad inside. But I still followed them, and hold their hand, since they wanted to make sure that I wouldn't disappear.

Then the other Food Souls started to help Master Attendant and (F/N) to prepare everything. "Oh crepe, we are out of herbs again." Crepe slowly turned around and looked at Master Attendant confused. "Master Attendant, did you just made a food pun?" Master Attendant always did when she saw the opportunity.

"I don't know what you mean, but lettuce begin with the other dishes!" Some started to smile, others started to frown. But I had an idea, why not show that I'm capable of getting ingredients myself! I told Master Attendant that I would go to my room, in the mean time I also prepared a letter for Master Attendant. So that they would know where I am.

Master Attendant,
I'm following the route that we took yesterday to search for more Ingredients. Don't worry, I'll be back soon.
Sincerely Rice

I signed the letter and stuck it against the crack of the door. Then I went to the Secret Forest alone in hope of finding food Ingredients.

AN: So, I wanna thank everyone that read it till this moment! If you liked this please give it a vote ^^. And now the trouble begins, will Rice be able to find the Ingredients? More important will she find the way back?! What will Ryori and the others do! Next chapter should clear those questions!