Chapter Four

*Coldfront*

Dare wore a smirk as he teleported in front of me. He could have walked, but Dare had a flair for being dramatic. His eyes temporarily glowed green from teleporting, making dark his suit look more vibrant. "Hey, Icy."

"Don't call me that. It's worse than the Weather Boy nickname." I crossed my arms and scowled at the brunette.

Dare snickered. "Whatever you say, Jack Frost. Ready to go?"

I rolled my eyes. "Obviously."

Gripping my bicep, Dare paused. "Damn, Kit. How much are you bench pressing?"

"Devin Harris," I seethed, ignoring his horrible flirting attempt. "Focus on the objective."

Dare sighed. "Whatever you say, but just so you know, your eyes are icier than your soul."

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I asked, genuinely concerned.

Less than twenty minutes later, Dare teleported us to the rooftop Blue Blur was waiting for us on. I dropped the bags filled to the brim with cash that I was holding on the ground, only keeping one of them for myself. Dare did the same, though he looked thoroughly confused at the sight of Blue Blur and shot me a questioning glance. I ignored him.

Blue Blur whirled around as soon as I took a step forward, then seemed to relax when she realized it was me. Her eyes turned to Dare.

"This is Dare," I introduced. "Dare, this is Blue Blur. You guys are going to-"

Dare interrupted me to question Blue Blur. I scowled at being interrupted, while he asked, "So how much are you getting from this job?"

Blue Blur shook her head. "Nothing. I don't need the money."

Devin didn't really need the money either. His family was full of millionaires that would be more than happy to loan him some cash.

"Then why are you doing it?" Dare asked with a scoff.

Blue shrugged. "Coldfront is my partner."

Dare's eyes flashed with fury. "Really? He's my partner too. We've been partners for over a year. What about you?"

Dare took a step closer to me like it would prove we were closer. Blue's eyes narrowed. I was trying to hold my laughter at Dare's obvious jealousy. I'd be teasing him about it later.

I coughed into my fist, getting their attention. "I need you two to split up the locations you'll be dropping the money."

Sirens started to wail in the distance. Blue Blur sighed, grabbing the bags I had dropped while Dare picked up the ones he had set down.

"I take the north and west sides of the city, you take the south and east," Dare said to Blue Blur.

As Blue raced away, I grabbed Dare's arm before he could teleport. "Where's your sidekick at?"

His eyebrows furrowed. "She should be at Pablo's bar. Why?"

"I'll tell you later," I said, letting go of his arm. He narrowed his eyes and shrugged it off, then teleported out of my sight.