Epilogue

My name is Sabrina Flynn. I'm seventeen years old and I've been a speedster for over a year. I've been a hero, or perhaps a villain, for a few months now.

Some of the people I know choose to believe that the only thing that separates a hero from a villain is what we choose to do with our pain. Maybe we're raised a certain way. Whatever the case, our tragedies define us.

But maybe it isn't as simple as that.

My friend, Kit, and I have an agreement on something. There are no heroes or villains. Villains are the heroes of their own stories and a hero can be the villain to somebody else. It isn't about who inflicts pain on others or who saves people because, at the end of the day, a hero or villain could do both.

I use to have a friend named Aubrey. I think I ruined our friendship, but I still don't want to talk it out with her. Maybe I'm punishing myself. I don't think I deserve her forgiveness.

I think you might be wondering what happens next. The truth is, I don't know.

I killed Natalia Mendoza, the biggest threat to my city. I ruined a lot of my friendships. But I did find Kieran, and I did still have Kit and Devin. Kieran and I could always rejoin Dark Skies. I could apologize to Aubrey, Greenlight, and the twins.

But I don't know if I will. I'm a murderer now. How do I keep going on with that on my conscience?

That isn't the only question I need to figure out.

Who am I? Who am I suppose to be? What does this city see me as? Their hero or a villain?

I'm sure there's more to my story. Well, it isn't just my story. So many more people are involved. It's their story too.

I guess you could see this is the origins of everything super in Iron Beach.