Day 3: Blizzard!

Samuel's eyes opened slowly, and he tried to process where the actual hell he was. He didn't have his glasses on, but he knew he was in his living room. Well, it had to be. George and he must've fallen asleep watching a movie last night. But, every window and surface that opened to the outside was coated with white. He sat up and grabbed his glasses, sliding them on. He put his hand down on something to steady himself. A groan came from beneath him, resulting in him jumping off and blushing profusely.

"Oh! sorry darling!" he said frantically to George, discovering he had just smashed his husband's face. George only groaned lowly in response, although it sounded vaguely similar to an 'its okay'.  Samuel went to the window, discovering several feet of snow outside, cold radiating from the window. He gasped slightly. 

"Georgie..." He said uneasily. George sat up as well.

"what?" He said groggily. He stood up and came over to the window, glancing outside.

"Oh for fucks sakes," he said, noticing the snow outside. This meant he wouldn't be able to get to work, and Washington would be on his back for the next week. Samuel laughed a little and grabbed his phone, dialing a number. He worked as a pediatric oncologist at east mercy hospital, where George was a surgeon. 

"Hey Angie-- I know-- we're not gonna be able to make it. The snows up to my waist." He paused for a moment, listening to angelica talk on the phone.

"'That's not saying much'" he mocked. "Do we have to crawl on the snow or what?" He said seriously. George couldn't help but laugh at what he knew Angelica had said. Samuel was the shortest doctor in the hospital, and hence, he was the target for most of the short jokes. Nobody dared make them when George was around, so it oftentimes saved him around lunch and the beginning of shifts. 

"Okay, thanks. Bye Angie" He hung up the phone and sighed, leaning against the counter.

"We're free for the day, Angelina just told me they're shutting down the roads anyway," he said tiredly. George groaned and flopped onto the couch. he stuck his arms out and made grabby hands. Samuel rolled his eyes and walked over, letting himself fall onto his husband's chest. George huffed a bit and wrapped his arms around Samuel. 

They laid there for a while before frantic pounding came on the door. Samuel grumbled and got up, rubbing his eyes. He went over and threw open the door, seeing a frantic six-year-old Phillip Hamilton. He blinked as the boy started talking.

"Sir! You gotta help me, sir! My pops-he fell and won't wake up!" He said frantically. Samuel immediately snapped awake. 

"George! First aid kit! HURRY!" he yelled back into the house. His husband jumped up, not too phased from the headrush. He sprinted to the bathroom and returned with the white kit. The two ran down the hallway with Phillip. The three of them burst into the apartment, seeing Alexander on the floor, broken pieces of a coffee mug on his left side. They knelt down, Samuel looking at his watch after pressing two fingers to the man's neck. His pulse was strong and normal. A loud snore emerged from the man's mouth.

Samuel rolled his eyes. For fucks sakes.

"George, He's asleep. Idiot passed out from exhaustion" he said flatly. Phillip looked at the two, teary-eyed.

"what does that mean?!" He exclaimed. Samuel hurried over and crouched in front of the boy, pulling him into a tight hug.

"He's just asleep hun. He probably has been drinking too much coffee" Phillip giggled and nodded. Samuel laughed slightly. 

They moved Alexander on the couch and waited for him to wake up. When he finally woke up, they left and sat back down on their couch. They were tired for almost no reason.

"Honestly, we're the only ones who have to deal with that." George groaned. Samuel laughed and kissed him. 

They decided not to move for the rest of the day.