Day 14: Mistletoe

The first sensation Samuel received on the morning of the 14th was his husband's mouth against his. As he opened his eyes, he was thankful that their overly energetic and early-rising daughter Charlotte, was absent from the scene.

The girl was quick to make friends, and currently was at a birthday sleepover, giving the couple a morning to themselves. Though, it wouldn't surprise the two if she stayed well into the afternoon, her and the two girls she'd made friends with, Mary and Andrea, being nearly inseparable. Samuel never understood how Charlotte could make friends so quickly, seeing as he could never make friends as a child. George had pointed out that as far as his mother had told him, he was a bit of a loner to begin with.

Samuel smiled and sat up. "What was that for?"

George pointed upwards. A sprig of mistletoe hung from the ceiling. Samuel giggled and kissed him again. He leaned back on the pillows and let George straddle him. George pulled away after a little and played with Samuel's hair.

"Did you like that?"

"Mhm."

"Good." George rested his head on Samuel's shoulder. "Do you want me to get your breakfast?"

Samuel nodded earnestly. It wasn't every day George made him breakfast.

George got up and left. He came back with a little tray with a plate of pancakes; his specialty. He used a cookie cutter to form them into seasonal shapes. A star; a tree; an angel.

"There's no milk," Samuel observed.

"Sorry. I'll get it."

"No, it's fine." Samuel sat up. "I'll get it myself."

"Can I go with you?"

Samuel nodded. He got out of bed and was only halfway out their bedroom door when George grabbed him, dipped him dramatically, and smothered him with another kiss.

"Georgie!" Samuel breathed as soon as his husband pulled away.

George laughed a little and pointed upwards again. Another sprig of mistletoe hung under the doorway.

"How much of that do you have around the house?"

"You'll see..."

Samuel got back to his feet and walked to the kitchen. He watched out for any more mistletoe on the way, which there was a surprising lack of. He opened the cabinet that held the glasses in it and had George help him reach the mugs on the top shelf. As soon as he picked his favorite mug up off the top of the shelf, a third sprig of mistletoe came down, dangling by a string tied to the mug's handle.

Sam didn't have a second to react before he was crowded against the wall opposite of the cabinet, again being roughly kissed.

He sighed, beginning to grow a little tired of this. George only smiled with the anticipation of his next surprise.

There was another sprig in the fridge, suspended under the door. Samuel rolled his eyes and gave George a peck on the cheek before he could do any worse.

"I think I need an aspirin," Samuel mumbled after he found the microwave housed another sprig of mistletoe. He put his milk in for a minute and walked to the bathroom.

"Uh--I wouldn't do that if I were you." George called to him.

Samuel groaned. "What did you do?"

In the medicine cabinet above the bathroom sink, a sprig of mistletoe again hid inside a bottle of aspirin tablets.

"You're insane." Samuel said to George after another kiss.

"I know," George said, wrapping his arms around the smaller. "But I only did it 'cause I love you."

Samuel smiled. "That's swe--"

"...and because mistletoe was on sale at the supermarket for $4.99 for 50 bits..."

Samuel pulled away and looked directly into George's eyes. "Do--Do you mean to tell me that there are 45 other sprigs of mistletoe scattered around my house?"

George grinned sheepishly. "Maybe,"

"I swear, George, I am going to kill you."

"You wouldn't. You love me too much."

"Damnit, you're right.

I would like to apologize for not updating daily. Due to issues beyond our control, the internet has been out, and we (AWFarmer) is/are often unavailable to post. Thanks for your consideration!