Sherlock

~Requested by: Kiriki~

Fuck.

You were late again. That's the, well that's the fifth time this week. So it was a habitual thing, you couldn't help that sometimes. You had an excuse this time though, you'd been up all night working out paperwork for your latest case. If Lestrade wanted to get on your ass about that then he could fuck right off.

This was it, this was your big breakthrough. You'd been working on this case for months now, waiting on that one piece of evidence that would prove you right. You'd gotten it yesterday afternoon when the victim's cellphone was discovered. You spent the rest of the day and that night piling together your claims and proof. Now all you had to do was turn it in and collect your winnings. Which in this scenario was that raise you'd been hoping for.

You could see it now, corner office, a mini fridge, little nameplate on the desk. You'd been wearing your boss down for ages and he finally agree that if you could manage to solve this case, you'd get it. And you were, you really were. Nothing could ruin this for you.

You pushed through the doors to the station, smiling plastered across your face. You didn't pay attention to the excited chatter or hushed whispers of those around you. You had to get to Lestrade's office, you simply didn't have the time to delve into the usual workplace gossip. It was only when you made it outside his door did someone stop you.

You were jolted back by the hand on your shoulder.

"Ann what the hell? Let go of me, I've got important evidence to turn in."

The woman, who you could consider a friend by now, shook her head, "I hate to be the one to tell you this, Y/N. But..."

"But what?"

She sighs, "Sherlock Holmes solved your case."

You gritted your teeth, "Excuse me?"

"He, he came in just a little while ago, said he had a breakthrough. He's in there debriefing with Lestrade now."

Your face twisted up in a snarl, "Why that no good son of a-" You took a deep breath, "How long have they been in there?"

"Five minutes. Ten at the most. Y/N I'm really sorry, I know you were working for-"

"Just. Just give me a second, okay?" you pinch the bridge of your nose.

You knew it. You knew it was too good to be true. You had everything ready to go and of course that mother fucker had to come in and ruin it. Like he ruins everything else you do.

Sherlock Holmes was what you would call, a 'consulting detective' that the Yard used every now and then on the more difficult cases. He was incredibly smart, clever as well. He had deduction skills unlike anything you'd ever seen. You absolutely despised him.

He was an ass. The mentality of a child. He would show up at random intervals to provide assistance. Scotland Yard had to work around his schedule if they wanted his help. And that wasn't even getting into all the shit he had done to fuck with you.

It seemed that every time you were hot on the trail of a suspect or compelling lead, he was right there behind you, closing in. The number of times you'd come so close to having the answer, he'd find it before you. There were instances where you'd be in the middle of giving your solution to your boss, only for him to come waltzing in with what he believed was a better one.

He hated you and you hated him. That was all there was to it. You weren't going to give up that easy though. Not this time. You put too much effort into this one for him to fuck it up.