Laughing Jack

Warning: Creepypasta are well, creepy. And gorey, and messed up sometimes (all of the time). Expect that to be showing up. Trigger warning will be used towards the end. Also language, because I like my swears.

Note: So this month was busier than I planned. Mostly because I have family in for two weeks and three 18 hole matches. And two college visits. And an Act. And I'm studying calculus so that I don't fail this coming year. But yeah it's whatever, we're thriving. This one got to be a little religious because of the plot line I went with. You'll see what I mean in a bit but like it's not preachy or anything. Hope that doesn't offend anyone, not my intent. I also sort of kind of based this on what I found to be the original story, maybe there's multiple versions, this is the first one that popped up so it's what this one shot is based off of. Tried my best. Enjoy fam~

~Requested By: Tori~

"James! It's lunch time, you need to come inside."

You get no response and peak out the window. You see him out the window partially, talking to someone while he plays. You smile, seems like he's finally made a friend in the neighborhood. Good, you were beginning to get worried. It had been a month since the move, he was young enough though that you thought it wouldn't affect him; not as much as it had anyhow.

You walk to the open doorway and call for him again, "James! I'm going to eat your lunch if you don't get in here."

That got him moving, "Coming momma!"

You turn around as he waves his friend goodbye and runs towards you.

"So who was that?" You ask, setting down his sandwich in front of him.

"Who?"

"I- James don't chew with your mouth open, it's rude," you scold, "I meant who were you playing with outside just now?"

"Oh, Laughing Jack!"

"Laughing... Jack?"

"Yeah, we're best friends!"

"Can you, describe him for me, sweetie?"

He does, in full detail you might add. As he talks it becomes clearer and clearer to you that your son had not made friends with any of the local kids. Instead, he seemed to have made someone up to fit the role for him. Or at least, that's what it would look like to the average person, you knew better than that. Deep down you had a feeling to what was actually going on, but it was far too soon for you to be able to tell.

"Oh... it's an... imaginary friend?"

"He's real mom! We played cops and robbers together and everything!"

"Okay, okay, whatever you say, kiddo."

You feel a cold chill go up your spine and you jump. You scan the room quickly, seeing that nothing is out of place. Still, you can just, sense, that something is amiss. And you do not like it.

"Are you alright, mommy?"

'Parent, Y/N. Focus on being a parent.' "Yes honey, I just, mommy needs to sit down for a second."

It took you a full half hour to process what James had said. Maybe that was a bit much but you didn't care at the moment. By the time you had gotten through to yourself, he was already outside again playing with his newfound friend. Granted, most parents didn't freak out about make believe playmates, and you envied those parents to a T. That just wasn't the case for you.

You did your best to remain calm, tried to keep chugging along as per normal. You had James to worry about, bills to pay, a job to focus on. Everything was fine. You were just panicking for no real reason. It was only when the signs began to show did that idea go down in flames.