The letter

Dear Katie

I hope you'll forgive me.

I've written this letter about a hundred times now, but I just can't seem to get it right. Can't seem to capture everything I want to tell you on one sheet of paper. I'm not good with words and feelings and stuff, but I have some things to need to say to you.

But I have to say.

Hunters don't have much, so when it comes to writing Wills and testimony's , this is the best we can do. The best I can do.

I hope you never have to read this letter, and I'm still there, right by your side watching you grow up.

Playing black jack and eating chocolate pancakes while you tell me about your day.

Building those pillow forts using the motel blankets with you.

Having my shot gun aimed out the window when your first date comes to pick you up (because he better not get too handsy).

Walking you down the aisle one day.

But if your reading this, that just wasn't meant to be and I'm so sorry.

I want to start by telling you how much I love you.

You literally changed the course of my life babygirl.

Before you came along, I was on the short road full of mistakes.
My mother died when I was 11 of cancer, and my father was something called a man of letters.

All you need to know is that he was a strict follower of some very boring books that I refused to obey.
So he disowned me when I was 16.
I never had a real friend, never had a real love, and was surely on a path to a lonely, loveless death before I even hit 20, but then I was gifted with you.

The light of my life. The love of my life.

Born out of what I am ashamed to admit to you was in fact, a one night stand.

My beautiful little girl.

It didn't matter the circumstances, it didn't matter that I had no idea what I was doing, just that I finally felt like I was needed in the world.
I finally had a purpose.
I was in charge of keeping this little human safe, and I did what I thought was best.

I say all this so you know that everything I did, I did to protect you.

You've always been special Katie.
Not just the normal 'my daughters special' way.

Your heart has always been ten times bigger than your body. You make everyone around you feel better.
People are drawn to you.

That's because of who you are.

What you are.

Like what your mother was.

A witch.

You're what some witches call an Empath.

Natural born, so you don't need to practice to have abilities.