Chapter 05

Mixed feelings | chapter 05

Friday

It's the very next day Jennifer finds herself in a fix with her feelings. As everyday goes she is on the set with her coffee and her script in one hand going through her lines. There are other people setting up the stage.

She has taken a chair in one corner and has made herself comfortable to practice like she does always. She can hear a distant voice of Harshad letting her know that her co-star is also present today. She doesn't bother looking up to see what he is upto. She can hear laughter coming from the other end but she is well focused on her part.

She has lot of screen space today and needs to prepare for it.

Completely engrossed in her work she tunes out Rajesh Sir roaming with his phone in the air as Harshad and Sehzad jokes with him.

She hears someone saying "And look at Jen dear here. Sshhhh.... She is working on her lines"

"That's right Jen! Remember the dialogues or you will forget again" Harshad jokes making her look up at them.

She just shows her tongue to them and goes back to the paper making all of them laugh loudly as they continue with their shenanigans.

It's sometime later once she is done she finds herself busy with her phone. Surprisingly, She got a message from Nikhil and instantly she began texting him back.

She feels someone, actually she feels more than someone taking a seat next to her but she ignores them, her whole attention into the conversation.

Nikhil

Just got done with one of my important meeting? How is the shoot going?

She smiles quickly texting, Nikhil has always been a gentleman that he is asking about her day.

Jennifer

It's going awesome. Same old same old.

Nikhil

That's great love! I am sure I will get this deal then I will come back...possibly on Sunday?

She quickly goes over her plan in her mind. Tomorrow is Saturday and Aniruddh's party. Then Sunday...... She is absolutely free on Sunday. At least she is as per her schedule. And she really needs a get away, that will be good for her too.

Jennifer

That's awesome babe. I am also having a leave.

Nikhil

"Ohhh someone is texting texting!"

With a fright she almost drops her phone from her hands. She looks beside her to see Harshad laughing at her while raising his eyebrows. Her eyes narrow completely pissed off at his actions. Unable to control herself she shouts "Shut up Harshad! Don't start"

"What?! I didn't even say who you're texting. Did I said anything guys??" Harshad quips looking at others and Jennifer follows his gaze to see others giggling at her reaction. She tries to maintain her anger thankful that he didn't take it seriously.

"Noppe" Sehzad and Anchal says together as Anjana and Rajesh shake their heads at their antics.

"Whatever"she mutters turning her phone up and going back to the message she didn't manage to read, only to shut off her screen as she hears Harshad saying, too close to her now.

"So was it Nikhilllll the guy we have never seen?" he asks quite loudly and she knows he is just teasing her. And anyday she would have been a good sport about it as they all tease each other when someone's better half calls or messages in between their conversations but for some reason him teasing her doesn't sit right with her and makes her mad.