Chapter 40

The next fews days are the most painful for Jennifer. Not only does her fear, heart and guilt has put her in a dilemma but the news of the show been cut off is pushing her as well. The project being not only her best friend's dream and hardwork but also their show. The show that introduced her to him,  the man she will probably not see if it ends.

She sighs, Harshad has become close with the enyire cast, especially with Naihal and Anirudha so she might definitely see him on occasions, festivals and birthdays and such but that will be it. 

The thought itself constricts her heart making it heavy and she blinks her eyes going over her lines till she is called. She never thought her life would take such a turn of events, never thought she will ever feel so deeply about a man again, especially Harshad.

A man who is so different from her usual taste, a completely different personality, a man opposite of complex, down to earth,  a true gentleman. He was shy, sometimes lacking confidence but still able to hold his own, had no pretence whatsoever,  you get what you see, something rare and incredibly hard to find in an entertainment industry.

He was like a breathe of fresh air for her that managed to somehow set her free and suffocated her at the same time.

And now standing right across him waiting for the instructions to begin Jennifer couldn't help but take him in. Her heart beating rapidly by his smile and sparkling that held excitement for the shot. And it boggled her mind always how he could just seperate his personal life at work.

Jennifer had accepted to be welcomed with hard ,wary eyes or even ignorance due to her indecisiveness, a skill she rrealized this morning that she has cultivated through the recent months.

The shot is called and Harshad gets into his character, the story have taken a suspense thriller mode once again as Aditya and Zoya are trying to figure out the killer while acting as if their marriage is coming apart. The whole scene and the next one goes flawless till it comes to the Aditya-Zoya romantic cute moments.

Its then the chills run down her body as they giggle and fight cutely. A smile forming on her lips unintentionally as she watches him be his goofy-self. A gasp leaving her lips silently as her cheeks turn deep shade of pink, matching her blouse she thinks as he pulls her to him, his lips barely touching hers. And she will never get over his professionalism.

Anirudh calls it a cut giving them a thumbs up and a wide smile before focusing on the crew. Her assistant appears right beside her in an
instance and hands her a bottle of water. She gratefully takes it from her drinking
some water as she watches Harshad talk to their makeup man. She so desperately wants him to say a word to him although a part of her is thankful that he is not in her business. But the fact that he hasn't attempted to even talk to her once has left her a bit uneasy.

Any conversation is better than no conversation at all. 

She asks for her phone before the assistant can excuse herself, grabbing it quickly and unlocking it to distract herself from him, she stands their scrolling through the notifications on instagram going through them one by one. 

She doesn't even have to look up to know its him. His voice so familiar and deep grazing her ear and she listens with bated breath.

"Meet me once we are done for the day"

She looks up only to see him walking away.

With apprehension she goes to her chair and sits down waiting for the briefing of the next scene.

-

It's night around eight o'clock that pack up is announced and a small meeting is held were Aniruddh with a heavy heart let's everyone know their current paradigment. The situation and possible scenarios are discussed among them with Aniruddh having a word with her privately as they reach her trailer.