Chapter 32

Back to square one it seems | Chapter 32

It's been two weeks since Harshad's simply smiling to her and telling her he is okay to be friends. First Jennifer didn't believe him, thought he is just waiting it out for her to confess but as each days passes away her thought became delusional as Harshad looked freshed, he looked happy. He would listen to her, joke with her, was fun and everything with the other people. And although it made her happy, it brought her down.

She really shouldn't be down because this is what she wanted right?

For them to be friends and only Co stars when on set. And he was giving her that. He was being her friend, but the thought that he gave up on her so easily didn't settled well with her.

He just gave up and decided he will be okay being friends just in two days.

No, she didn't found it unbelievable as in he is lieing. No.

She thought that he didn't even liked her. Maybe it was all for getting her into the bed and if that didn't happened he just brushed away his hands with sticking to friends.

But as she watches Harshad roam around the set, on snap chat answering his fans with that infectious smile of his, she rethinks.

No, Harshad is not a selfish man

That he is maybe, really okay with being just friends. That he made his piece of mind with her decision and he is happy with it.

And for the life of her it pissed her off, making her restless.

She smiled back at him as he did just then, pointing the screen to her and she blindly waved into the camera standing behind him.

They joked for a bit before the director called for the shot.
.
.
As they wrapped up the scene, she was given to go through the next one. It was a romantic scene they were need to do, the first full fledge romantic scene between Aditya and Zoya.

And she would have jumped at this chance two months back in happiness.

Now all she could feel are nerves, giving goosebumps as she went through with the reading, the discussion and the works of the scene.

She tried a lot, really tried a lot not to be affected by him. And she did succeeded but then to see she had no effect on him. That he was pretty relaxed, joking and laughing in between the takes made her irritate.

There was a kiss scene and the song started to play in the background. She decided to really see if he is still affected or not and that's why she lingered her lips, actually loosing herself for a second-only a second, when she kissed his nose.

Her hands clutched his thigh as his hand cupped her cheeks and she breathed in him. Not knowing when she would ever be able to get this opportunity.

For a moment she lost herself, her worry about his reaction, about him and let herself enjoy.

And the moment she opened her eyes putting the ice cube in his mouth, a switch went on and she completely got into Zoya.

The rest of the shoot went well as Jennifer tried to keep Into Zoya as much as she can.

By the end of it though, she was pretty struggling with it.

The last take, the moment when they are under the sheet with only camera to work against. When Harshad's voice was deep and dark, making her warm and wet as he said "Aaj tumhe aise kaid karunga na ki zindagi bhar hamesha mere saath rahogi"

She could feel his breathe on her lips sending shivers as his words drowned her

And then "Kabhi aazadi nahi milegi "

And she had followed him,"Apki kaid se humme kabhi aazadi nahi chahiye", her voice giving away the desire she hopes he thinks is her acting. While she hopes the heaviness in his voice is totally Harshad and not Aditya at all.

She believes it for that moment, closing her eyes as she shifts more closer to him, noses touching each other, lips close enough for the their breathes to be exchanged bewteen each other and it felt like they were kissing, but they were not.

The scene had ended and the rest schedule had followed smooth. But not Jennifer.

Her stomach was churned and throat was coiled as she could feel every moment of the scene. Could feel his large palms cupping her face, his eyes glued to her lips like it's a fucking desert, his voice sending shivers down her spine and reverberating in her mind as they went ahead continuing to shoot the other part.

And she looked at him, really did. To her disappointment he didn't looked frazzled at all, not even affected a slight bit. He was like normal, eating between the takes, having a conversation or playing with her.

He had even come to her to have a chat and they did, although Jennifer spoke barely as her mind was busy decoding what the fuck was happening

She shouldn't be feeling like this!

No, no she shouldn't!

His fucking muscles!

Fuck those!

His smile

Aarehghhhhh

She should focus on Nikhil. Should think of him more she realises after thirty minutes debate with herself in her vanity. She realizes she was focusing on Aditya too much and her feelings a lot. And she should really stop before she drives her safe crazy.

She could feel his lips on her forehead, on her eyes, on the corner of her lips where he had pressed lightly while doing the intimate scene and a blushed covered her cheeks. Her fingers going through her cheeks as she completely allowed the thought of tonight's scene get to her. They were them running around, smiling, pushing ice cubes, pulling each other, cupping each other's face, kissing each other. They were them but at the same time not, they were Aditya and Zoya too.

And the kiss, that fucking press of his lips on the corner of her lips had straight away taken to the first time she kissed him on the set. The day she lost control all over herself.

The day from which she is not getting a grip on herself at all. She walks to her car about to go home with all these thoughts of him and her and the way he still could make her feel and him driving her crazy and tonight's scene that she hears him.

She turns around to look back only for her to see him running towards her. And she smiles thinking he is feeling the same, that maybe he had come to tell her he is done acting with her. That he really wants her, although she doubts she will go to him. But as selfish as it sounds, she wishes.

Only for her to hope crash down as he shows her reading glasses. She looks at them as he says "You left them on my reading chair"

She glances at him to see him a smile on his face as he waits for her to take the glasses. She replies "You didn't have to"

And he quickly says "Well, I was going to let your PA know. But I couldn't find him. So here"

And it is not the answer or the reaction she was expecting out of him.

She couldn't even think if she was more disappointed in him or at herself for driving him away. She nonetheless took it giving him a small smile "Thanks Harshad"

His eyes flashes towards her lips before he winks at her casually, his fingers brushing her fingers as she takes the glasses from him before he turns around and walks inside leaving her a little shocked and surprised as she realizes that they are back to exactly the way they were Harshad, the oblivious who had no clue about her feelings and she crushing on him even though trapped with her own past.

She sits in the car frazzled driving  away, missing Harshad watching her from the window as her heart breaks at her own destiny.

***

And here it is!

What do you think will Jennifer do next?

Love
Ri x