Chapter 22

Passify me | Chapter 22

Jennifer knows something not right as they do the scene, after he came back when the shot was ready from God knows where. She stands their her eyes gauging his expressions, trying to read his mind as he listens attentively to Aniruddh. She is distracted by Taher who comes beside her as Aniruddh is currently busy with Aditya.

He starts talking to her and jokes about something, but all she does is smile at him. She jokes about the raybans her makeup artist had on and he laughs, before joking about the same but instead of making her laugh out, she smiles as that was the lamest thing she had ever heard but she wants to be polite.

She looks at Harshad planning to get his attention only to see him in deep conversation with Sehzad. And with the looks of it wasn't going good by the look of sheer frustration on Harshad's face. She steps closer to him about to talk when they hear call to get ready to take the action.

Harshad turns to her and she quickly gives him a smile, and doesn't take any energy out of her as she always have a smile on her face whenever she sees his face. But her smile drops again as he looks at her, not smiling, not even blinking his eyes filled with an emotion she had never seen on his face before. And it confuses her more than anything.

The action is called and both get into the mode. And as soon as the cut is heard Harshad is walking back to his chair.

She goes away sadly, not having a clue about anything that's been going on. She sits beside Anchal who is getting ready for her scene,not understanding what changed from last night to today morning and now. Something has changed she knows, something definitely or Harshad is not the one to act like that.

But then again does she knows him really well?

With that thought she sits back while on the other hand Harshad sits restless and frustrated. He can see her trying to approach him but his jealousy strides ahead and it is fucking up with his mind. He knows it's stupid, Taher has just come today and possibly might not even be flirting with her and that he is just messing things unnecessarily.

Shaking his head he gets up to talk to her, thinking talking to her will be the best thing right now. She understands him, always has, is like a pillar to him and if he talks things through, if he discusses about them then that should be better. Because he wants to know there is a them and not some single time thing or a time pass. Or just a causal. He wants to know and with determination he walks towards her only for his legs to falter as he passes Sehzad and Taher, heara them talk.

Or rather hears Sehzad saying "Bro, she is already taken. I know everyone has hots for her. But she already has a boyfriend"

Taher says, clearly embarrassed as he replies "I.. I wasn't... I never even thought about it. I was just getting to know everyone"

Sehzad nods patting his back and all Harshad brains can replay ARE Sehzad's words "She has a boyfriend."

And instead of making him happy, at peace his mood only depletes as the reality strikes in. Reality that she is already someone else and already has a boyfriend, Nikhil. With that his resolve breaks and he deviates from his path and instead goes to Aniruddh watching him work.

-

As the shoot comes to an end Jennifer is restless not able to handle not speaking to Harshad any longer. Although, that is not her choice she somehow feels he doesn't want to talk to her, seeing him taking a u - turn some time ago straight way walking towards Aniruddh.

She doesn't know what it is it or why he is behaving the way he is, but she knows that she won't be able to be at peace before talking to him. It surprises her how much his presence, him being with her, him altogether affects her and that scares alot.