Chapter 28

love me not | Chapter 28

The day of the promotions arrived. They were going to travel to Indore, it was a plane journey and then they have to be in the same car till hotel. Any other day Harshad and Jennifer would have loved traveling together, would have had great time enjoying each other's company. But not today, not this time.

The whole journey was awkward to say the least. To avoid the booming awkwardness Harshad had smiled at her offering her some chips he was munching on as the plane started to take off and she had taken it, smiling at his kind gesture. Her smile had dropped after some time as he had finished his food and had pulled olhid jacket over his head dozzing of to sleep.

The trip to the hotel was the same, only Jennifer was about to fall stumbling over the his jacket that he saved her, catching her admit making her look at him in shock. They both got lost into esch others eyes, sadness beaming in Harshad's that Jennifer could see clear as a day.

She quickly pulled away stepping sideways only to see him turning away from her and walking away.

She had followed him wordlessly, talking to her assistant to the hotel trying to avoid from getting overly emotional as she knew she would be if left alone with her thoughts and a non speaking Harshad.

They were talking to the creative team as her assistant got their schedule explaining how the day was going to go and what was in tomorrow's agenda as well. They had nodded deciding they would directly get to the radio show, be done with the interview and then take a rest as tomorrow they will be up for major event.

Mostly, all Harshad did was nod taking a glimpse or two of her every now and then, his eyes not able to help but take her in. While she wanted to do nothing but talk to him. This situation they were in was nothing but struggle for her as she broke with every step he would take away from her.

She tried to talk to her, to get herself to see this was for the best. They wouldn't work, even they are alike they are not. That it would be the biggest mistake if they would, because if anything goes wrong she would loose such a gem of a person, would loose such a great friend she had found in him, would loose such a great human being and that would cost her.

The more she would think about it the more it became easy for her to convince herself. But one look at him and everything would collapse.

In her own storm she watched him as they got inside the hotel, greeted the staff waiting for them, got to check in. Butterflies she didn't have a clue about fluttering making the blush on her cheeks more awkward as Harshad noticed it as it was announced they would be neighbors.

Jennifer wanted to talk to him for so long and she was about to, as they reach the lift with their luggage. As her assistant called for the lift.

"Harsh-"her words got cut as he got inside the lift.

With a stone on her heart and silence on her lips she entered inside hoping this day would bring smile on her face, would make everything okay between them.

***
I know it's short. Bare with me