Chapter 27

Friends ? | Chapter 27

Since it has been 84 years

***

Months later

After their last encounter it was safe to say that they were really good professional actors. If there was an award to work together when they can't even meet each others eyes, then they were the only nominees and clear winners.

Jennifer had felt a little relieved, only a little but it was better than nothing she thought, when after few days Harshad had started talking to her. It was more of he would participate when they were with others, would talk when they would discuss roles and would even laugh if she said something funny while they shoot, but that was about it.

But it was okay for her really okay. It was more than before when he would barely look at her much less talk to her or in the group if she was present. So she took it anyway.

They started talking like that, like the typical professional costars - colleagues more appropriately. And it was okay for her, only till she would see him with Anchal or Namita, whenever she would drop in to meet them, and he would laugh more loudly then he had done on her joke, would talk more freely being himself completely, cracking jokes and making faces. He would hug them, run behind them and sing with them.

And somewhere in her already battered heart it stabbed. Made her deflate that he wouldn't be like this with her.

She started to realize then that she had probably lost her friendship with him. In trying to stay away from him, from her feelin-no lust, she had pushed him so far away that he went away himself. And it teared her up because she missed him as her friend more. She wants to be his friend again.

And after backing out hundred times she gathers all her strength, this time promising herself she will voice her need. She walks out of her dressing room, now changed into her daily wear as they have packed up for the day.

All the cast is gathered while crew is packing up, some of them even waving while walking off after a long day of work. She grabs her bag, her assistant coming right in. She nods at him about to hand him the bag only to shriek a little as a loud laughing noise comes, her eyes striking to everyone sitting in circle laughing.

She shakes her head smiling while instructing the man infront to take her bag and handbag to the car and wait that her eyes meet his. The eye lock is for barely two seconds before he is shaking his head and looking away.

Mam

This makes her uncomfortable and she awkwardly tells him to wait out in the car and she will come in sometime.

She gulps brushing her fingers through her hair as she walks up to hi- them. She pulls the sleeves of her black hoodie down taking a seat beside Anchal as all the chairs are occupied, because seat beside him is and smiles when someone, Priya, hands her a warm cup of green tea.

She sips little trying to calm her nerves as she watches everyone interact, Harshad's voice clear and distinct amongst everyone's as he now and then adds his two scents.

She waves the thoughts of him and actively participate in the discussion. And it's fun as they all talk, joking about the day, about the mishaps happened on the set, about the plot and in between about their acting.

She finds herself in tears with laughing for most of the parts and staring at his face for some of it.

As people start to wave bye claiming its already late and some of them have to catch train, her mind starts to run at mile minute thousands of ways she could talk to him coming into her mind and she misses whatever Aniruddh says.