Chapter 13

A whole mess | Chapter 13

"Breezer No! Breezer, bad boy!"Jenny ran behind Breezer who was running with her ringing phone. She had just gotten out of shower only to hear her phone ringing and next thing she saw was Breezer playing with it.

She took the phone from Breezer who nosed at her palm, licking at she picked up the call while petting him. 

"He-Hello! Hey..." she said while taking a much needed sit on her couch after having been behind her dog.

A smile formed on her lips at the caller. She laughed a little as Nikhil joked about her running a marathon.

"No, no I am free today" she said  scrunching up her nose cutely, as she had completely forgotten Nikhil was back home and while thinking if she had anything planned tonight.

"Yes baby, no changes.." she smiled into the phone as her boyfriend asked her once more if she had any other plans. He was always considerate with her plans and never slammed his plans or opinions on her, one of the things that had made her like Nikhil.

"Ummm.....I will reach directly, you don't need to" she said humming into the phone. She liked her independence very much and somehow she wanted to go alone not wanting him to pick her up or something.

"I know you want to but it will be double trip. I will come.." she said smiling as he once again insisted as she knew it would be an unnecessary double trip for him, since the restaurant was in his side of the town.

"Wait. I will tell my drive to drop me and then we both will come back together, how does that sound?" she says as he insists to pick her up.

Their conversation comes to an end after around fifteen minutes. Jennifer is petting Breezer who has very much made himself comfortable in her lap snuggling into her, smiles before replying with "I miss you too, Nikhil"

But as soon as the words are out of the mouth, Harshad's face flashes in front of her eyes shocking her a little. She shakes her head ignoring Nikhil's voice trying to compose herself.

She ends the call with a shaky voice faking excitement as she tries to smile as suddenly speaking to Nikhil, her own boyfriend doesn't feel right "Yes, can't wait! "

-

Its in the afternoon when she decides to peak out her clothes for tonight and starts rummaging through her cupboard for the perfect outfit. She turns around pulling two different outfits out of her closet to Breezer who is well settled on her bed looking intently at her. She shows the outfits to her pet who tilts his head looking at the material in her hands as if he understands what she is asking and barks loudly "Hmmm.... I will go with this. What do you think Breezer? This green one or white?"

"White it is" she says nodding as Breezer barks again.

She places the dress on the bed next to her dog and stills for a second as Harshad's face flashes infront of her eyes. The memory of when they were in mussorie bonding comes to her, the way Harshad was looking so hot and cozy in his black bomber jacket and mitts as he had said,

My favorite color? It's white

She gulps shaking her head, trying to shake away the memory as she turns around making herself busy to find the accessories that will go along with the dress while reminding herself that she is going out with Nikhil. Her boyfriend.

Her actions and thoughts come to an halt as her phone rings beside her on the table kept for charging. Seeing the caller ID, she sighs pulling the phone off the charger as she mumbles "Speak of the devil...."

"Hello?" she asks immediately after picking up the call. There is no sound from the other end just some crackling noise that makes her scrunch her nose before she pulls the phone away to check whether the call is still on or it got on hold.

"Harshad?" she asks and immediately there is some sound before Harshad speaks, his voice alone awakening her senses.

"Hey, are you free tonight?"

"Umm for what?" she bites her lips, not saying no right away. He has never called her to meet outside of work or some common friend's party. So him calling her to meet is something new to her.

She herself doesn't know why she is doing this but she wants to know about the reason for Harshad to ask. She could have said no, she has plans with her boyfriend.

"First, tell me. Are you free or not?" he asks once again and she smiles at the excitement with a slight tinge of nervousness in hos voice, making her giggle softly as she answers, placing her finger on her chin.

"It depends, at what time?"

"Around 6:30, 7:00"he immediately relies and she is mentally recalling what time she had decided with Nikhil and calculating  if she can squeeze in.

Her chain of thoughts are cut off by Harshad's cute "Will you?" question that makes the butterflies in her stomach wake up.

"Umm... Actually -" she says not able to decide if she should reject him or not. She knows going with him would be wrong as she has plans already with her boyfriend. So making plans with him - agreeing to meet him feels wrong, feels formidable.

"Don't say no Jenny. Please.." Harshad's soft pleading voice enters her ears making her leave a shudder breathe. She knows she is losing against her resolve before she even began.

She is about to tell him know even if the plan with Nikhil is at 8 pm while Harshad is calling her at 6:30/7 pm, she can easily meet him before dinner but her resolve breaks at Harshad's next words, his tone soft, urgent, desperate as if he really wants her to meet him "Come meet me"

And who is she to say no to that voice, to that man. Therefore, she closes her eyes as she answers not believing what she is getting into herself 
"Okay"

"Okay?" his voice comes, surprise and hopefull at the same time which somehow makes her smile even when the warning bells are ringing loudly in her head.

"Okay" she confirms clearing her throat, only one thought playing in her head.

God! I am a whole mess

***

So Jenny has decided to meet Harshad before meeting Nikhil. what do you think will happen next?

Thoughts on the chapter?

Vote. Comment. Share, add to your reading list of you are loving /liking this story so far.

Love
Ri x