Chapter 2

Hello beasties! It is time for another chapter of my Betrayus x OC story! In this chapter, Valerie is going to meet some new friends(characters in this story are in human form, not like in the show.), and get to experience some of the weirdness of Pacworld firsthand! Mainly ghost attacks! Anyway, hope you enjoy this chapter!

Valerie looked at herself in the mirror, checking her reflection. "Okay, Starkid's Twisted the musical t-shirt, jeans, army jacket, black combat boots. Check. Heart shaped pendant. Check." She was currently going over her outfit for the day, making sure she had all the necessary parts of it for her big day.

She was planning to go out and explore, see what the city had to offer, so she needed to look her best to make a good impression. Lucy watched her sleepily from the bed, blinking her multiple eyes. The hellhound puppy was staying behind, although Valerie knew that Lucy would probably use her powers of teleporting and shapeshifting to escape the room and do some exploring herself. (Hellhounds knew how to camouflage themselves to look like normal dogs, so there was no worry of anyone suspecting this

When she was satisfied with her outfit, she got dressed, and after doing her hair up in its usual style(in two buns to cover up her horns and the rest down) and getting some breakfast (An apple and a granola bar from her gym bag. She'd have to go food shopping today.) before she grabbed her purse and went to open the door to leave......

Something on the counter caught her eye. It was her special fighting knife, its silver case glinting in the morning sun. Maybe she should take it, just in case......

It was her favorite enchanted weapon, the one her father had trained her to use, but she didn't need those skills here, there wasn't any need for it, so why should she consider taking it?

She shook her head at the thought and exited the apartment.

But after a moment, she opened the door and grabbed it, but not before putting a little spell on it to make it appear to be a small portable umbrella.

Hey, it wouldn't hurt to have it, just in case.......

Time skip

It had been a wonderful morning, and Valerie had enjoyed every moment of it. There had been so much to see, from the practically pristine city park to the cars that hovered in the air that she didn't know where to look first! Well, Pacopolis gave a girl a lot of opportunity for sightseeing, although it wasn't as crowded as New York or Los Angeles.

Right now she was having a bite to eat at this Pac it in Burger place(What was up with these weird names for things in this world?) enjoying some chicken strips and fries while reading a book. (InkHeart by Cornelia Funke.)

She was so wrapped up in her book, that she hardly noticed someone walk up beside her. They made a noise to clear their throat which surprise Valerie, causing her to jump slightly at the sudden noise.