16 | not lonely

SOHEE

i was sitting in my small terrace, looking down my notebook and doodled. i wasn't listening to music, i was listening to the peaceful silence. the birds singing, and the shine brighting happily. relaxing.

it's 4 pm, and i have been feeling really relaxed and nice now. after my crying breakdown yesterday, i couldn't even sleep, talk or do something. luckily sicheng was there to fix it a bit, but peace fixes it too.

suddenly, i saw a human figure sat forward me. i looked up, saw mark with his hands folded together, placed on the table and an unsure smile was pasted on his lips.

"mark." i said surprised.

mark bit his lips, looking around and not laying his eyes on mine. "about yesterday, i noticed you got a bit upset and i had no idea why..... i just wanna apologize if there was something i did wrong-"

i shook my head, placing a hand on top of his. "no mark, please don't it's not your fault. no need to apologize."

"sometimes i just hold the pain in, maybe for a bit too long...." i said, i looked down at our hands and slowly pulled my hand away from him.

it's true, i think i push pain inside me too much and that day, yesterday was the day where i burst it out. i think there's more coming, i should get prepared.

"oh." mark said, he sounded so unsure of what to speak. then he looked up, and smiled at me.

"don't worry sohee, if you ever feel down don't feel alone or feel like you're in the dessert. i am here for you, i can always sit beside you and listen to you." he smiled, grabbing my hands tightly.

i blushed, trying not to smile and looked up at him. our eyes met, and a familiar feeling spreading on my chest. it was a warm feeling, really warm.

then mark find himself lost inside my eyes, he quickly removed his hands away from mine and his cheeks turned red.

"i-i mean if you feel comfortable with me....."

i chuckled softly, making him do the same. "of course i am comfortable with you, actually i thank you for being with me."

i felt my lips getting heavy, but i forced a smile. "i mean like, before you came here i was alone. my friends either left me, or doesn't leave near me..." i licked my lips. "or isn't in my life anymore."

"but thank you mark." i said, his smile was bright and wide which made my heart melt. gosh, what's with him? i feel something i don't know what it is.

yesterday, i felt like i didn't had anyone to be with, like i was alone in the shadows and is invisible.

but no, im not alone.

i'm with mark.

note: guys we have that parents school meeting next week, where they say how i am at school. im dead, and my parents would probably say "you don't study too much, because of those koreans!" ;-;