41 | his smile

SOHEE

after waiting for 8 bubble teas, we finally got the chance to sit down and relax, even talk. i was so scared, and nervous. i felt so uncomfortable now knowing that yukhei was here. i wanted to stick with jungwoo, but he kept following johnny and i can't do anything.

i sat across yukhei, at the end of the table beside a busy jisung. i placed my bubble tea on the wooden table, and looked at jisung.

"hey sung, you're so busy like the last time i saw you. you haven't even greeted me yet." i looked up at his hanging face, frowning.

jisung's straight lips slowly lifted up, forming into a smile as he placed his psp down. he looked at me. "sorry noona, well to be honest i missed you a lot." he smiled, i felt my heart melt.

"hey jisung! there's a plushie claw machine in the corner, wanna play?" chenle shouted across the long table, while showing him a coin. jisung smiled. "okay." he ran off, leaving me.

i gulped, and felt how yukhei's eyes were staring at me. i was blushing, i was shaking, i was awkward and nervous.

"you look beautiful sohee." yukhei's deep voice spoke, making me flinch as i faced him. "um, thank you." i smiled nervously, and sipped on my bubble tea.

it's so sad the fact that the others are busy talking, while they left me alone with yukhei. it's like we both were spaced out. maybe they did this on purpose, to let us talk.

"so, how are you after all these years?" he asked, there i could feel my eyes roll a bit. is he kidding me? doesn't he see i have been sad, and lonely?

"sohee, is there something bothering you?" he asked, leaning closer as i bit harder on my straw. "no- why'd you think so?" i stuttered.

"you know i still know you a lot sohee, even though it's been two years. when you're upset, you bite on your straw." he said, smiling softly.

god damn his smiles, oh god i missed them so much!

i looked down at my straw, and stopped biting on it, slowly i pushed my bobba away. i sighed, and looked up at him. "isn't it obvious yukhei? isn't obvious that i am upset because you only came now, you came without explanation."

"you came shameless to me, as if nothing happened. you came as if everything was fine between you and me, i don't know what happened to you but i hate it." i could feel my throat shaking, turning like sand paper.

yukhei placed his hand on top of mine, and furrowed his eyebrows. "i am truly sorry sohee, i am. i promise to tell you everything." he said, i felt my lips smile. "thank you yukhei."

note: yehet.