Chapter 11: The Circle Always Closes, Unfortunately

The fireplace was magnificent as ever. Not too fancy for greedy eyes, but the warmth that it gave away filled the awfully empty room.

It was empty indeed. The whole world is empty without him.

Her worry grew with each passing second. Maybe he was tired of her and decided to leave her behind.

It will not be the first time that she is left behind, someone else always takes her place.

Her sister took her place in her ex-fiance's heart, and that redhead took her place with her uncle's hunting party. Who will be the lucky girl this time?

She wanted to cry, but tears didn't come to her rescue, instead, she was left with the hollow feeling. Fate is cruel she thought.

"Judith..." a voice reached the deepness of her strange mind. She didn't react. She is tired of all the voices in her head. She should just accept that Felix is not coming back.

"Judith?" this time the voice was accompanied with a gentle touch on her shoulder, and it felt so sweet.

"Felix... You are here!" she jumped to hug him, so tightly -so passionately.

"I'm sorry... I..." he turned his gaze away.

"No, no, it's okay. It's okay..." she cupped his face and starred in his green eyes.

"It's not... I was so close to leaving you..." he admitted.

"What..." her voice was barely heard.

"I... Marcus, he left another cup..." he barely made the words come out of his mouth.

"That bastard!" she grew angry.

"Judith... I drank it..." his voice sounded defeat.

"Oh... It's okay... I don't mind it..." she assured him.

"But I do, all I could think about was the blood from the source..."

"Felix..."

"All night, last night. I've betrayed you..." a tear left his eye. It shined so brightly.

"No..." the word lingered from her mouth.

"Yes, I was foolish to think everything will be okay. I fell for you Judith, too fast, too suddenly and too deeply and its making me too scared..."

"Make me a vampire then," she interrupted him, "I'm willing to accept the vampire fate to be with you... Forever..." she looked deeply in his eyes.

"Judith... That's no fate, that's a curse."

"But..."

"You'll be hunted all your life..." his face turned black.

"And then what? What is our life going to be? I will grow old and you will leave me behind?" she cried.

"I would never..."

"Tell that to the 70 years old me!" she shouted.

"It's just... I'm so sorry..." his voice softened, "so sorry that I can't give you the life you deserve... I'm just walking death and destruction... I should've trusted Marcus..." he tilted his head down.

"Please, don't regret us" her eyes were pleading him, asking him for love.

"I would never. You are my light. But I admit, I need to think things through..."

"No, Felix!" she gave him a sharp look as if she would've cut him with one gaze.
"We," she continued, "we need to think things through. We!" she insisted.