Chapter 10: There Are More Colors Than Black And White

The way the rays entered the room in a timid way made her open her hazel eyes.

But she wasn't sad. She welcomes the sun and the young day.

You see, days in her old life would be so predictable, dull even, unlike now, when each day is a gift.

Her old life... it's like a century ago. Who was that girl that held her name before?

The girl that obeyed everyone, and yet nothing she did was enough.

Only her uncle accepted her for a time. When she was willing to kill vampires with him. But then, when she got engaged and ready to be a proper lady, he distanced himself.

He told her it's her mother that made him keep his distance, but if she never killed a vampire, would he even acknowledged her as his blood. He surely never did it with her sister.

So his short admiration towards her was untrue.

What would he do if he were to find out she is living with a vampire? Probably denounce her as his family. Tell her a false name. Kill her maybe.

She tried to get her mind out of her family. The more days that pass, the less she thinks of them, but strangely, at times, it's all that clouds her mind.

She saddened at the absence of her partner.

She went to see if he is maybe in the kitchen, but it seems the house was empty.

Strange.

She thought he must be running errands. She smiled by the thought.

But then again her strange mind wandered to places she would rather not go.

He is a vampire. What if he was hunted down and killed? What if he never returned?

What would it be of her life?

The thought as if it cracked her heart. She rested her hand on her chest and sat down. To calm herself, to pray even. Can one pray for a creature of the night?

Because in her eyes, he was worthy of mercy. Only if he was human... but, would he be the same man he is?

She was so upset. Where could he be?

If only she knew that Felix was not hunted down and killed. He was out wandering the forest all night after she fell asleep. Wanting to clear his mind.

What could Marcus want, he thought. Why would he try to ruin his happiness with Judith? His thirst is not something he should take lightly. Does Marcus want him to attack Judith? But with what cause? He thought so much about this.

Tried to evaluate him so much. He thought about that morning he woke up, after that fateful night. The night when Marcus made him a vampire.

It all happened 100 years ago.

Felix had opened his eyes and rushed to the windows, but the sun burnt his skin.

The first gift of being a vampire.

He closed the curtains right away, he knew what this meant. He has seen it so many times.

A vampire releasing their venom to their victim, to make them in their image, an act of kindness in the eyes of the powerful, an act of violence in the eyes of the weak. Blood of a human to complete the ritual. It's happening to him now. 

He turned around. There was a cup of blood. He drunk it right away. No use denying himself, he is a vampire now, and the sooner he makes the pain go away, the better.