7. Facing Fears

'Yes sir, I will'. Holding my head down, I walk out of the classroom, out of the building and find my way to my car. That'll be a 'fun' extra assignment that I'll have to do tonight. Yay.

Last night, after Yoongi had left, I hadn't been able to finish my theater assignment. My thoughts had been everywhere except the place it had to focus on. I really can't blame myself too much, since a lot had happened yesterday, but that does now mean that I wasn't able to hand in anything in class, which resulted in an extra assignment.

But still... everything comes down to my problems, that I caused myself. And now, I'll have to face them. Yoongi convinced me that he only wanted to help, but even though I hate where I am right now, I don't want anyone else to control my life. Especially not my eating habits.

When I arrive at my car, I'm faced with a frozen window. The temperature had dropped drastically since last night, resulting in icy-cold weather that freezes me down to the bone, even more than I usually am. Sighting, I grab the scraper out of the dashboard and remove the layer that had formed on my front window. I can't wait until summer's here once again.

After which seemed like a way too long period to clean my windows, caused by my fingers being as frozen as the window, I finally sit behind the steering wheel, smash the buttons on the dashboard so that the heating is on max and grab my phone out of my bag. Yoongi had texted me that he arrived safely yesterday, after which he sent me his address. Quickly I enter it in Google Maps and start driving in the direction the woman tells me to.

KNOCK KNOCK. The sound of me knocking on Yoongi's apartment door fills the hallway. His place hadn't been too difficult to find luckily; it's close to a park which I used to visit all the time with my mother. Lately though, I haven't been feeling up to going outside, I'd rather just stay home.

The hallway of the flat connects a couple of other doors. Yoongi's one was painted black and had a small board next to it saying: Number 34, Genius Lab. Looking down at my feet, I'm faced with a doormat of a cat holding up his middle fingers saying 'go away'. A soft chuckle leaves my mouth; that's so Yoongi.

'Coming!' I hear Yoongi's voice from behind the door, followed by a rustle of keys and locks unlocking, and the light creaking of the door opening, revealing Yoongi behind it. A nervous sweat breaks out the moment I see him: I was not prepared for this. Not just for seeing Yoongi again, but also for the conversation which we're about to have. I'm not ready to share all my habits and thoughts.

'So you were able to find it?' Yoongi asks, more saying it as if it's a matter of fact than an actual question. He ushers me inside and I nod, stepping over the doorstep, into his 'Genius Lab'.

The place is exactly like I imagined it, but at the same time, totally different. It doesn't have much stuff in it, only what seems like the essentials. What he does have mostly includes cables, electronic devices, musical instruments, speakers and... action figures. Everything is neatly in its place, giving an orderly overview of his living room.

'Do you want something to drink?' He asks me after he's given me the opportunity to quickly scan the room. I gulp. 'Uhm yeah sure'.

He walks around a corner, into a part separated from the living room; the kitchen. My eyes immediately look for threats and indications of what he might offer me. I spot a couple of cans of coke, as well as a bottle of red wine and a can of water. The calculator in my head starts working without me even intending to: a can of coke, 150 calories, a glass of wine, 125 calories, and water zero. I won't assume he'll be much of a day-drinker, so water it is.

He reaches into the refrigerator and grabs two cans of coke, holding them up in an asking manner. 'Uhm just water please', I immediately feel awkward saying it, knowing he'll judge me for my choice. Luckily he doesn't say anything and grabs me a glass of water whilst he takes a sip from his can. 'Thanks'.