12. Healing Sleep

[A/N] Bit of a short chapter because I really wanted to upload again, but the first draft of the next chapter has already been written so look forward to that in the next couple of days! Thank you all so much for reading and have fun!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Aaiishh!'

A loud voice brings me back to consciousness. My head feels heavy, but I try to lift it and open my eyes, which feel like they're glued together.

'Oh no, did I wake you? I'm so sorry!'

That voice. I don't need another second to tell who's voice that is.

I hear some furniture shuffling around whilst I finally get my eyes to open and my head to lift from the pillow.

Yoongi is at my desk, picking up the chair that apparently had fallen on the floor.

Sweat breaks out all over my body. Yoongi is in my room again? I try to flatten my bed hair with my hand, but even they feel heavy.

He places the chair next to my bed and takes a seat, whilst I try to sit up straight.

'No Jimin, just lay down, you need to rest!' He gently pushes me back into my pillow, the worried expression still plastered on his face. I don't have the energy to struggle against him, so I just let him.

'Here'. He hands me a glass of water, which had apparently been standing on my bedside table.

'Drink'.

I take the glass and drink the content greedily, discovering how dry my throat actually is. Yoongi stays at the side of the bed and places the empty glass down once I'm finished.

'Why are you here? And how?' I blurt out.

'Uhh haha yes, well...' he awkwardly rubs the back of his neck. 'You didn't reply, even though you'd read my messages, so I was... worried about you and thought that something maybe had happened. So I came over to your house and rang the doorbell, but no one answered, so I asked your neighbour if he would maybe open the door for me since I told him I was one of your school friends and forgot my books whilst studying... It was surprisingly easy, maybe even too easy!' The corners of his mouth lift into a slight smug smile.

I'm surprised, and stunned to be honest. 'You did all this, just because I didn't reply to your message?' My raise my eyebrows as I think about what he's done.

'Well yeah, it's kind of my fault that you're in this situation. And look at your state!' He gestures wildly up and down the bed, indicating my worn-down body. 'When I entered your room, you were dead pale and not responding, I almost got a heart attack! Luckily you had a pulse, so I tried to take care of you as much as possible from then...'

I'm lost for words. The glass of water, a fresh wash cloth, a blanket... He got all these for me? He hardly even knows my favorite colour and already he treats me as if we have known each other for years! I can feel my cheeks redden.

'Aah luckily some colour is returning to your face again', Yoongi mentions relieved. He stands up and takes one of the water bottles lying around my room, hands it to me and ushers me to drink.

'You need to sweat out the fever, so you need lots of fluid to rehydrate your body', he tells me whilst he softly wipes my face with the washcloth once again. I shudder at its touch, but let him.

It has been long since someone actually took care of me to this extent. I usually don't allow my Mom to take care of me this much, because it would only burden her, and lately I haven't been talking to that many people outside my family anyway...