19. Sugar Rush

[A/N] We meet again... 

I know I know: I should've uploaded again sooner, and I don't have any 'proper' excuse other than that I've been busy finishing my University Bachelor's degree. BUT: I'VE RETURNED NOW! I know it sounds cheesy, but I want to say that my main motivation is all the amazingly sweet comments everyone has left on previous chapters! So, in the words of Tom Fletcher: Thank you is not good enough. Please take all the purple hearts and enjoy a long-overdue chapter, I truly hope you enjoy it and that it meets your expectations! <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After about 45 minutes we've cleaned our bodies, thoroughly scrubbed the kitchen, and managed to return our clothes (mostly) to their original colour.

Whilst I was showering, Yoongi had taken the cupcakes out of the oven, which I had totally forgotten about amidst all this chaos. This must've been a first: usually it's impossible for me to forget that I'm about to have something scary. Yoongi really does appear to make things a little easier.

'I think they've cooled off now, shall we ice them?' Yoongi asks as he reaches into the fridge to grab a plastic tub that says 'Vanilla Buttercream Flavour Icing'.

Did I mention how it's easier to do something scary when Yoongi is around? Please throw that statement out of the window, and chuck the icing with it whilst you're at it.

The little tub filled with two highly-dreaded words, 'butter' and 'cream', screams 'FAT' in my face, in my body, in my belly, in my legs, but mostly in my head.

'It's just in my head...' I mutter to myself, trying to calm the raging thoughts that pierce my brain from every direction.

Yoongi must've seen the terror in my eyes, which shouldn't be that hard to read as I can feel my eyebrows furrowing, eyes widening and body stiffening. He grabs a small spoon from the cutlery drawer and hands me the tub.

'Here, you can have control over how much icing should go on each one', and he presses the spoon into my hand.

I purposely fumble with the lid, turning and twisting the pot in the process in order to take in every bit of the packaging and remembering the brand so that I can enter the calories in my app. I also try to read as much of the nutritional label as possible, just to be sure.

Eventually I 'manage' to open the lid and put a bit on the spoon. Carefully I place a small dollop on the nearest cupcake, trying to spread it out as much as possible to make it appear as if there's lots on it. My plan is busted due to the still lukewarm cakes which absorb the sugary substance as soon as I try to move on the next one.

I was already mentally preparing myself for Yoongi's words, telling me that I should drown Bob in buttercream.

Instead, Yoongi says nothing.

His silence makes me feel even worse. Even though my head tells me: 'Ha that sucker doesn't say a word about the amount of icing, which means that you can put on hardly anything without complaints!', I still know that he's disappointed in me.

I go back to the first cupcake, which now only has some of the wet sugary remains on top of its surface, and spread a bit more on it. This must add at least 50 calories, tons of fat and unnecessary sugar, but when I look up and check Yoongi's face, his encouraging nod of approval with slightly curled up lips melts my anxieties like the buttercream of the cupcakes.

Well, almost. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I finish icing the cakes with the slightly increased portion, but still small according to bakery, supermarket or any other standard than my own, and look at the damage I've done: 12 not-too-messy cupcakes of which the calorie count is most likely higher than everything I've eaten today combined (which is not that hard, if I'm being completely honest).

'Well, now that we're done, you wanna try?' Yoongi says as he arranges the cupcakes neatly on a teal display tray.

'Well... "wanna" is a big word (and isn't even a 'legit' word, it's a contraction), but...' I reach towards the smallest looking cupcake. I won't let this stupid piece of food ruin all the fun of this day. Almost angrily I take a bite.

Damn that's good.

'And, how amazing are they?' Yoongi asks with child-like excitement, and he reaches for a cupcake himself.

'They're... pretty good', I answer hesitantly. I never allowed myself to like any food. If it tastes good, I'm afraid I'll never stop eating it.

'Told you so!' Yoongi says, as he takes a huge bite of his own cupcake. Crumbs collect in the corners of his mouth and a small dot of frosting has found its way up the tip of his nose.

'I like your new look! You're going for a clown, right?' I say with a smirk.

'Whuph?' Yoongi asks, with his mouth still full of cupcake. I simply smile and walk towards him, take the sleeve of my jumper and run it across his nose.

However, instead of thanking me like a normal human being, Yoongi has to show off his confidence skills. Before I even have the chance to mentally, emotionally and physically prepare myself, he places a soft kiss on my lips. It shouldn't have surprised me, since I already knew Yoongi was way beyond 'normal human being'. After all, he's a self-proclaimed genius, and I can definitely attest that.

Before I'm able to fully process what's happening, he pulls away.

'Now let's go and distract ourselves!' He takes my hand and drags me towards the living room.

Without letting go of my hand, he guides me towards the couch and gently pushes me onto the cushioned seat as he takes the spot beside me.

I'm still too dazed to take in anything that's happening around me besides Yoongi's hand on mine, his eyes on me and the tingling feeling of the place where his lips have just left mine.

'Distraction, you said?' I sluggishly utter in my trans, trying to regain some of my senses.

Yoongi grins and slightly edges towards me. My eyes automatically find Yoongi's lips, and I can feel my heart hammering against my rib-cage as if trying to escape its enclosure.

Inch by inch, Yoongi's face comes closer to mine, until there's hardly any space left between us. His tongue leaves its opening and wets his lips. Everything about this seems illegal; no man, genius or not, should look this attractive and be allowed to freely roam this planet. All sense leaves my body as my last three brain-cells desperately try to gather the remainder of my wits.

Spoiler alert: they fail (you had one job, cells...).

My face drifts closer to his, as if it has a mind of its own, knowing that all it wants to do is close the gap. Just five inches left... four... three... I close my eyes and let my lips touch the hard surface of Yoongi's and ...

Wait. Hard Surface?

I open my eyes and find myself face to face with a Nintendo Switch controller.

I feel myself melt into a puddle of buttercream, realising I just gave mouth-to-mouth to a game controller.

In the meantime, Yoongi's soul has left his body as he has folded over with soundless laughter. I can imagine this being the perfect way to practise laughter yoga. I can't help but also grin at my own foolishness, because I must admit: it must've looked hilarious. Although, Yoongi's contagious smile might also have played a rather large role in my improved mood. Just maybe.

Once the extreme laughter has boiled down to a soft chuckle, Yoongi manages to talk again.

'I promised you distraction, right? Mario Kart is the perfect distraction!' He happily exclaims. 'Or were you expecting something else?'

I don't answer his mischievous smile and fake-angrily take the controller from his hand.

'You'll pay for this', I declare and punch the on-button.