Part 3

5 weeks later

I was starting to get use to Beacon Hills. There was another murder that was connected to the others, so it looked like Dean, Sam and I were going to be here for a while. I became good friends with Scott, Lydia, and Malia. But Stiles? It felt like there was something more than friendship between us. Dean and Sam were still investigating the murders and became close acquaintances with Sheriff Stilinksi.

It was a rainy Friday as I got myself ready for school and headed downstairs for breakfast. I entered the kitchen to see Sam was cooking bacon and eggs, the smell immediately hitting my senses. Dean was talking on the phone with someone.

"Alright. Sam and I will check that out. Thanks for keeping us informed." Dean said as he ended the call.

"What's going on?" Sam asked as he put eggs on my plate.

"That was Sheriff Stilinksi. He said they found another body earlier this morning." Dean answered as he sat down at the kitchen table.

"Have you guys come up with any leads?" I asked while taking a bite of the scrambled eggs in front of me.

"We thought it might still be a Rugaru, but with what Sheriff Stilinski told me, it might be something different. He also mentioned that there's going to be a curfew tonight. So, Steph. No going out with Stiles, Scott, Lydia, and Malia tonight." Dean reminded me, giving me a concerned scowl.

"You do know that I can shoot a gun, right?" I commented with a raised eyebrow.

"So? We still don't know what this monster is and it just killed another teenager. I don't want to get a call saying that they found your body in the woods, Steph." Dean's voice broke as he spoke. I could have sworn I saw a tear form in his eye.

"Fine." I muttered, rolling my eyes as we finished eating in silence.

Sam ended up dropping me off at school. As I ran inside the building, I noticed out of the corner of my eye that Stiles' blue Jeep wasn't parked in its usual spot.

The final bell rang and I went to my locker to put my books I didn't need for the weekend away. I started heading to the exit and saw Lydia at her locker.

I wonder if she knows where the boys ran off too.

I asked myself before walking over to her locker.

"Hey, Lydia. Do you know where Stiles and Scott are? I haven't seen them all day." I asked her.

"Who knows with those two? They are ALWAYS skipping class." Lydia tried to cover the nervous tone in her voice with humor, but I knew better. I had to, living with Sam and Dean. She knew something and she was hiding it.

"Also, Steph, I'm having a party tomorrow night and you're invited," Lydia told me as she shut her locker, giving me a sweet smile.

"Awesome! I would love to go." I exclaimed. My tone changed as I remembered what Dean said this morning. "But isn't there a curfew starting tonight?" I asked as I opened the door, revealing a pouring rain.

"So? Just tell your brothers that we're going to see an early movie or something." Lydia said as she pulled an umbrella out of her bag.

"Sounds like a good idea. I'll text you and let you know." I answered and put up my hood.

"Awesome!" She exclaimed before she started to walk away. I saw her turn around, covered by the umbrella. "By the way! Did you want a ride home?" Lydia shouted, trying to keep the rain at bay.

"I'm good! Sam is supposed to pick me up!" I responded, zipping up my hoodie.

"Alright, see you tomorrow then!" Lydia said as she walked to her car. I waited 10 minutes for Sam to come get me. I called and texted him but no answer. I even called Dean and he didn't answer. I blew out a deep breath and figured that I was walking home. I put my phone in my backpack and put my hoodie up before I started walking. I walked about a mile or two, completely. I took my hood off, frustrated as it was rendered useless by the rain. As I continued walking, I heard a car honk at me. I turned around to see a blue Jeep pull up and the driver rolled down their window. I let out a relieved sigh as I saw Stiles' face.