Part 7

Four months later

I put my Psychology and European History textbooks in my locker while talked to Lydia.

"Steph, have you told Stiles how you really feel about him? I know you two have your make-out sessions and sneak into one another's houses. But, I can sense that there's something more going on between you two," Lydia said shutting her locker. She turned around and paused for my answer. Lydia wasn't lying ­; I was falling for him, like, a lot.

"No, not yet, I'm just waiting for the perfect moment to tell him. With everything going on with trying to find Charlie and trying to find the other half of the amulet. It just doesn't seem like the right time," I said while locking my locker. I was startled when I felt two massive arms wrap around my waist, lifting me off the ground. I giggled knowing exactly who it was. Stiles gently placed me back on the tile floor and let go of me. I pulled my Nirvana crop top down over my high top skinny jeans that hiked up while he picked me up. I turned around to look up at him; he bent down and quickly kissed my cheek. It caused my cheeks to turn bright red. I forgot that Lydia was there; she had a smirk on her face and was twirling her strawberry blonde hair with her left hand. I rolled my eyes at her and turned my attention back to Stiles.

"So, what were you two talking about?" Stiles asked. He placed his right hand on my lower back, sending tingles up my spine.

"Steph was telling me she wanted to tell you something, Stiles," Lydia said with a grin.

"Really, Lydia?" I mouthed to her. Making sure Stiles didn't see me.

"Oh, really. What were you going to tell me, Winchester?" Stiles looked down at me.

"Uh, uh, you left your red hoodie at my house the other night," I blurted out. I didn't want to tell Stiles how much I felt for him. Not here, not now.

"Alright, I'll come get it tonight," Stiles said.

"Okay, sounds like a plan," I said as I gently poked him in the abdomen. He removed his hand from my back and placed it over his stomach to act like I hurt him.

"Well, I'll leave you two lovers alone. Have a good weekend." Lydia said winking as she turned around and headed down the hall.

"Lovers?" Stiles mouthed to himself. He turned his head to the side to look at me. I just awkwardly smiled up at him.

"Do people even say that anymore? Last time I saw that word used was in Pride and Prejudice for English class," I joked.

"Does that make me Mr. Darcy?" Stiles asked.

"No, you're Ms. Bennet's dad."

"Ouch... so, will you be busy reading alone in your secluded English country home this weekend?" Stiles asked as we began our way down the locker lined hallway.

"Ha, I wish it was an English country home. Probably studying, or helping my brothers find some more information on this damn amulet," I said with a hint of disappointment in my voice.

"Well, I wanted to ask you something."

I stopped in my tracks and looked up at him, my heart skipping a beat.

"What do you want to ask me?" Stiles brought his right hand up to the back of his head and started rubbing his neck.

"I was wondering if I could take you out on a date?"

My heart was about to burst out of my chest. I was so happy that the boy I was falling for was finally asking me out.

"YES. I would love to go out with you, Stiles," I said with a squeal.