Chapter 5: Accustoming

(Y/n) leaned against the wall with shock and anger flowing through her.

"Are you okay, (y/n)?" Shadow asked hovering next to her.

"I'm..." she shook her head, "I'm okay... Just..."

"Hey, calm down," Brandon said suddenly putting a hand on her shoulder, "You're worried about Midoriya and mad at Bakugou, right?"

Katsuki, who was just standing in the back of the crowd of students still shocked about his fight with Izuku, overheard them.

"How can I not?" she asked, "Izuku is a really nice guy... and he reminded me that I did have friends in the past. It's thanks to him that I even decided to apologize and give Bakugou a chance, and I rarely give second chances considering how I grew up. I'm pissed as hell with that ash-blonde for almost killing Izuku..."

Katsuki clenched his fist.

"But... I can relate to how he's feeling."

"......?"

"You can?" Brandon asked surprised.

She nodded, "I feel the exact same way about some assholes I used to call my friends, especially a blonde one who had the nerve to try and apologize when it was already a damn week since my reputation went to shit from lies. If they had quirks too chances are that I would almost kill them out of anger as well. I almost did to one blonde bitch and I barely contained myself in burning her alive and kept my flames out."

Katsuki glanced at her surprised.

"Luckily I let my anger out in training and exercising. It wasn't easy though. I still feel pissed at them. That'll teach me to trust someone like I did with them."

"Well, Midoriya and Bakugou are your childhood friends, right? Even though you can't remember them," Shadow said.

"To be honest... I don't know if I can bring myself to trust them completely, even if we are friends. After what happened back there, how can I trust someone like that again? Shadow is the only one I trust with everything I've got."

"Well, give it some time. You never know," Brandon said.

"I guess..."

"Well, let's get prepared," he patted her shoulder, "We're gonna get picked at some point to be heroes or villains."

"Yeah, sure."

"......" Katsuki remained quiet once again.

~Timeskip~

(Y/n), Brandon, and Shadow stood/hovered in front of the weapon in a new building.

"How come (L/n)'s spirit is helping them?" Denki asked, "Knowing he has a quirk, it's three against two. Isn't that kinda unfair."

"You're right, but that spirit cannot be separated from her. He has to remain by her side unless told so," All Might explained, "Those two are a pair that shouldn't be separated from what I've been told."

"(L/n) did say that she and Shadow are extremely close," Tenya said.

"You think Sero and Kirishima will win?" Uraraka asked.

"Who knows. We've seen her skills but not her skills in combat. And I have no idea about Wilson."

~

"Shadow, where are those two?" (y/n) asked.

Shadow closed his eyes as his ears twitched lightly.

"I can't help out much because of how thick the walls are, but they're not on this floor yet, that's for sure."

"Hey, why don't we do something rather than just stand around here?" Brandon said.