Chapter 16: Challenged Ahead!

(Y/n) ran through the tunnel she was making and could feel the impact of large pieces hitting the ground and felt a cold air around her.

"What a showing! Shoto Todoroki from class 1-A has taken another lead!"

"So, that's Todoroki's doing," she smirked, "I'll be meeting up with him soon then," she said as she could hear some running a bit away from her.

~

"Where is she? She hasn't surfaced!" Alya said.

"Now now, let's trust her," Ms. Bustier said calmly, "She's a smart girl. She definitely has an idea of what she's doing."

~

 She opened another tunnel but quickly skidded to a stop seeing there was no floor anymore and came up to a seemingly bottomless pit with several rock pillars everywhere.

She narrowed her eyes but remained calm and stomped her leg causing a piece of earth to rise from under her and made it go to the top of one of the pillars. Once she got on top she noticed several ropes everywhere connected to another pillar.

"Will you look at that! Class 1-A's (Y/n) (L/n) has been in the lead this whole time! It's as if she came out of the underground!"

"She's been ahead this whole time?" Todoroki asked both annoyed and surprised as he was just running up to the gorge obstacle and saw her standing on one of the pillars.

She heard him and looked behind her and smiled at him a bit teasingly, "About time you caught up!" she teased.

She then jogged backward to the edge, "Try and keep up Peppermint!"

He narrowed his eyes at her at the nickname and increased his speed.

She jogged to the edge and as soon as her foot had no floor she was shot up into the air with a step as air shot her to the next pillar.

'This is like running through the roofs,' she thought absentmindedly as she flashbacked to her running on the roofs of Paris as she rolled to soften the impact.

She looked ahead to one of the ropes and narrowed her eyes.

'Just like the rope as Komori, keep your balance, even as you run.'

She did not stop and lifted a slab of thin rock ahead of her and grabbed it like a skateboard. She jumped forward to the rope and put the slab under her feet and slid on the rope like a skateboard on a pipe.

'How is she maneuvering so fast?' Todoroki thought surprised at how easy to maneuver the obstacle was to her.

She felt the slab of rock starting to slow and shot herself to the next pillar with a push of the wind.

She landed with a roll and kept running. Her instincts kicked in jumping to the side with a roll and skidded to a stop with a hand to the ground and her feet open as she shivered a slight bit from the cold air and saw large amounts of ice in front of her.

Todoroki had launched his ice at her in an attempt to freeze her in place and slow her down.

"Look at that! (L/n) was able to dodge Todoroki's ice attack so easily! That's such a cool move!"

She narrowed her eyes as she saw Todoroki letting out a cold breath as he stood in the middle of the pillar.

"Attempting to strike me from the back, Peppermint? That's just cold, even for you," she said as she stood, but then groaned, "I've been around that stupid cat too long."

She quickly shot fire as Todoroki had launched another ice attack and melted what tried to attack her and only some ice that was melting was left.

"How are you so skilled at this?" he asked her with narrowed and suspicious eyes.