Chapter 13: New Face

(A/n: I'm going to be changing the time for the tournament so (y/n)'s recovery doesn't seem unnaturally quick. Chapter art made by me!)

(Y/n) was asleep in bed with Lateefah asleep on her belly and Shadow asleep on top of her.

*Knock* *Knock* "Time to get up," Ayame said slightly opening the door to her room.

(Y/n) groaned a bit, but sat up ruffling her hair.

Lateefah let out a tired chirpy yawn as she rolled onto her back onto (y/n)'s lap.

"Ah! Get off me you weird cat!" Shadow squealed as Lateefah rolled on top of him.

The girls let out a chuckle.

"Let's get you ready for school," Ayame said walking and pushing the wheelchair over.

She nodded and moved her legs to the edge of the bed.

"You think I'll be able to participate at the Tournament?" she asked as Ayame put her on the chair.

"Well, based on what Recovery Girl said, you will be able. Your arm is all better after all. You've just gotta be careful about your back."

"Bwa!" Shadow took a deep breath as he clawed out from under Lateefah, "My life just flashed before my eyes!" he blinked and then had a bitter expression, "I seriously need to lower on the cookie intake."

"Let's get you changed and then you can eat breakfast."

"Hey, when do you think I'll be able to take off the bandage from my eye?" she asked as she touched the bandage covering her eye still.

"Well, hopefully by the end of the day," she smiled sadly with her brows lightly furrowed in worry, "Are you sure you'll be okay?"

She smiled, "Yes I will," she smirked smugly and flipped her hair back with her recovered arm, "I'm a tough bitch."

She narrowed her eyes at her.

"Owowowowow! Okay, watch what I say, got it!" she whined as Ayame pinched her ear.

"Yikes, she is your mom," Shadow chuckled.

"Hey, no making fun of her, mister," Ayame scolded as (y/n) pouted while holding her ear.

"Yes ma'am!" he squeaked and ducked back under Lateefah.

She let out a chirpy laugh flapping her wings a bit.

~~~

"Morning, everyone!" Ayame greeted as she rolled in (y/n) into the class.

"Morning!" most of the class greeted.

(Y/n) rolled herself to her seat and was quickly greeted by some of the girls quickly making small talk with her and Shadow.

"I'll pick you up after school," Ayame said before leaving.

"So is your arm feeling better?" Ashido asked.

"Yup," (y/n) said and lifted her arm, "All better. I'm just gonna have to strengthen it a bit," she flexed her arm a bit, "Feels a little weak."

"What about your back and eye?" Jirou asked.

"Well, the bandages I'll be able to take them off by the end of the day. My back will be fine before the tournament begins so I'm doing just fine," she smiled at them.

"Then, she'll be able to show everyone how strong she can be!" Shadow cheered as he hovered and punched an arm up.

All the girls and Shadow casually began talking to each other about the tournament.