Chapter 4

"You know you're a Schuyler sister when you spend fifteen minutes squealing instead of unpacking," Angelica observed, and Peggy had to agree with her. She was currently immersed in a group hug, Angelica and Eliza on either side of her. How did this come to occur? It all started with a really, really cute, freckle-faced boy...

It had been a normal bus ride until the four goofballs across from Peggy and her sisters started singing. Peggy hadn't noticed them properly until then. They started belting out Allstar at the top of their lungs. Of course Peggy had to join them. Her more...er...rational sisters sat this one out. Well, Angelica was really the only rational one. Eliza was just too kind to bother the bus driver.

"IN THE SHAPE OF AN L ON HER FOREHEAD," Peggy sang, much to the chagrin of her sisters.

That was when the boy looked back at her, and she was star struck. His wavy, dark hair was pulled into a ponytail. A myriad of freckles spread across his face (oh, how Peggy loved freckles). And his jade eyes were fixed on her.

Damn...he's cute.

She smiled, and he smiled back, and she was over the moon.

And then the bus driver yelled at them. How anticlimactic. Peggy felt a tap on her shoulder and turned to see Eliza's wide, shining eyes next to Angelica's smirk.

"What was that?" they asked in unison.

"Tell ya later," Peggy whispered.

Angelica gave her a look that said she would hold Peggy to that. Eliza just squeezed her hand. Sighing contentedly, Peggy pulled out her mP3 player. She selected her 80s megamix and lost herself in Eye of the Tiger. At least, until Eliza pulled her earbuds out and nodded towards the boys. They had begun to sing again. Peggy joined them again, and Green Eyes glanced back at her and smiled. Peggy resisted the urge to swoon.

A little while later, the three sisters found themselves in their cabin, excitedly talking about Green Eyes and his visible interest in Peggy.

"What about his friends? Were his friends cute?" asked Eliza.

"I'm not entirely sure," Peggy answered. "There were four boys, remember? Green Eyes and one of his friends sat in the booth across from us. I couldn't see his friend—I could only see him. Anyway, there were two boys sitting behind them. The only I could see was wearing a "Vive La France" t-shirt with the French flag on it."

"A Frenchie, huh?" Eliza repeated. "Sounds promising." She smirked. "You interested, Angelica?"

Angelica leaned back against the headboard of her bed. "You know what I look for in a man, girls. I'm looking for a mind at work."

"Us too!" Peggy exclaimed. "I just think Green Eyes is really cute."

Angelica laughed. "I know, and I'm sure he'll fulfill your expectations. I just never go for a guy until I know how smart he is."

In fact, Mr. Frenchie was indeed quite intelligent, yet Angelica would find her match in someone else. But she wouldn't discover either of these things until later.