Chapter 9

A/N: Warning- Harry Potter spoilers ahead

"And so, I'm just saying that Harry and Ginny are perfect for each other, and they were since the beginning, and thank you for coming to my Ted Talk," Thomas ranted.

They were walking back to the cabins, as it was nearing seven.

"It was a little forced," Angelica argued. "One second, he barely ever talks to her. The next, he wants to brutally murder her boyfriend."

"That's not how the scene went--" Thomas began.

"It would have been cute if they gave it more context, but I just feel like J.K Rowling took the easy way out. It would have been interesting if she paired him with, say, Luna," Angelica cut him off. "Same thing with Ron and Hermione."

"Okay, I can agree with that," Thomas relented. "I can't believe she didn't pair Hermione with Fred just because Fred wasn't a main character. That would have been so interesting to read."

"Right? That had so much potential!"

They reached Angelica's cabin. Eliza could be seen inside, brushing her hair, while blushing and smiling down at her phone every so often (Angelica assumed Alex had gotten her number). Peggy and John Laurens stood outside, still talking animatedly.

"I'll see you at dinner, then," said Angelica.

"Of course. Oh, and, Angelica?" he nimbly caught her by the wrist as she turned to leave. "I just wanted to say...you're one of the most interesting people I've ever met."

Angelica smiled, slowly turning red. "You too."

As she watched him leave, warmth flooded her chest. What is this feeling?

Turning her attention to her sister and John, Angelica said, "Okay, lovebirds. Time to get ready for dinner."

"You're the one to speak," Peggy shot back before John could realize what Angelica had just implied.

But he was smart. He had heard. "L-lovebirds?" he stuttered.

"Figure of speech," Angelica rushed to cover her mistake, pulling Peggy inside the cabin.

"Bye, Peggy," John called.

"Bye, John," she waved.

As soon as Angelica had closed the door, Peggy turned on her, seething. "Lovebirds? LOVEBIRDS?"

"I'm sorry," Angelica sighed. "It slipped."

"It slipped? That's your excuse? You scared him off! You can't just say those things."

"Hey, what's wrong?" asked Eliza in concern.

"Skippy here decided it was a great idea to imply that John and I were lovebirds," Peggy snarled at Angelica.

"I was distracted, and it just came out of my mouth," Angelica snapped. "You can't be angry at me for something I didn't mean."

"I can be angry at whatever I want," Peggy retorted. "You should learn to watch your mouth."

And that was it. Angelica flipped her off, and Peggy gave her an icy glare. Both girls turned to face the wall, furious at each other.

Two minutes later, Peggy said, "Angelica?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry, too."

"Let's hug it out," said Eliza, throwing her arms around both of them.