Prolouge

"Sweet dreams deary~" piercing pain struck behind me, I felt as all the blood leaked out of me. My vision wasn't too good as I tried to see who was behind me.

***

"Aloha...! ALOHA!" My magenta eyes open to Army shaking me awake. His orange eyes looked at me worryingly. I didn't reply, instead studying his face. He starts blushing just a tiny bit, "Geez have you been crying?... Doesn't matter! We have a battle starting pretty soon and you know how Skull is when we're late!" Army timidly gets up from sitting beside me on my bed. My left hand wiped across my face, and I guess I was crying. I look at my hand to see the tears laying there. My head looks up to Army, and I fell into him in a hug clumsily which cause Army to turn bright orange like the sunsets I admire. "What's gotten into Aloha? You're not acting like yourself at all!" Army screeches. "Let's not go... please..." my voice tiredly croaks. "Not go..? That would be rude to! You know how much trouble we would be in?!" Army sighs. "I'm not feeling the greatest... please stay here with me..." I whimpered, still into his arms. "You're not feeling well? Gosh I don't know... we still have that battle and-" "Fine I'll go," I groan and leaves his embrace. I felt all of this sudden sickness rush to my head, feeling really cold and dizzy, but I can't let my team down. "Lemme just get my shirt on... and uh... grab my, weapon," I lazily added.

"Alright, Mask and Skull are already there so hurry, we need to meet up pretty soon," Army leans against my wall with his arms folded. I gave him a thumbs up then put on my shirt and throwing on my cap. My "starting to sicken" body mopes to the bathroom and I did my hair, leaving that one tentacle on my side. I finally look at myself checking for anything I need to primp myself, but I noticed how drowsy I looked. I really don't think this is a good idea at all. My feet carried me to the living room and I grabbed my shoes and also weapon. Breakfast isn't important right now so I already head out the door with Army. We took the bus there and to my surprise it was empty, so it was just me and him. We sat next to each other in the front. "Are you sure you want to do a turf now?" Army looks at me as I slowly rested my head on his shoulder and wrapped my arms around his left arm. "You're acting more clingy." "I'm fine Army, just a little tired from waking up..." I assure him. He just nods and looks out the window, I was still laying on his shoulder. Usually Army never lets me cuddle him like this, it's rather he's okay with it or I'm cuddling a random stranger.

Just a few more stops and my headache felt worse. Maybe I should leave but I just couldn't, it would let everyone down, and I know how hard our team has been working. It would be a waste if we didn't do it. "Aloha~" Diver waves as he gets on the bus. "Oh Diver! Hi!" I look up from Army's shoulder to see one of my really close friends Diver. I let go of Army's arm and faced Diver. "How are you?" Diver sat in the seat across from us. "Amazing per usual, you?" I beam, I can hear Army sigh to himself quietly.  "Always the greatest!" Diver gives me a thumbs up and I return one back. "Next stop the square," the bus driver calls out. "You guys stopping there?" Diver wonders, "That's correct~" I wink. "Big coincidence, so am I~" Diver winks back. The bus comes into a complete stop, jerking us. I hit the cover and triggered a nosebleed. "Stop for Inkopolis Square," The bus driver opens the door. "Aloha! Are you alright?!" Army screeches, noticing my bloody nose. "I'm okay, let's get off the bus," I chuckle already exiting the bus. The two follow behind me. "Aloha don't you even notice that your nose is bleeding?!" Diver stops me.

"Eh So it's a little blood, it's all good," I chuckle more and kept walking. They both looked at me stupid, but I went on to meet up with Skull and Mask. The two were waiting for us right next to the tower. I caught up to them, hopefully Army was following behind. "Hi Mask! Hi Skull!" I smiled and waved. "What in the fried fish sticks happened to you?" Mask asks timidly. "What do you mean? I'm fine!" "Aloha are you blind? Your nose is bleeding!" Skull grabs my shoulder. "Oh that! That doesn't matter, alright let's go battle!" Alone I walked straight in, moments after they follow me in. As we waited inside the tower, a worker in the tower shoved a tissue in my hand, "Clean that up, we don't need a bloody mess." They scoff. I stopped it, cleaning myself up in the bathroom before we could go. I really do have a bad feeling about battling today, what if we lose, what if someone gets really hurt?

"Battle starts in one minute, thank you for your patience," a jelly announces inside the tower. I already done and quietly waited beside my team. "Who do you think we're going against?" Mask asks Skull. "Beats me, but surely can't be Emperor's Team," Skull shrugs. Now that he said that our luck today we're probably going against them. All of us gets transported to our spawn point on the map, Port Mackerel. Surprisingly, we are going against not Emperor's team, but Safari's instead. "Okay guys, we got this," I pump everyone up. Not going to lie, but Safari's team is pretty easy to beat, don't want to be mean but his team kind of sucks. But him however, is the only good player.

"3....2.....1.... GO!"

Mask taking middle, Army taking left, me taking right, Skull following Mask and we went off! I inked where I needed to, gosh I haven't done this map in a long time. It was pretty nice for a small simple map. "Wow! S4 is going for a good beginning!" The replacements of the Squid Sisters, Off the Hook, said in awe. "However looks like the Safari team is firing up!" Marina points out. I get off of the ledge on the right side and started inking the main area. Me, Mask and Army meet up in the middle and now started attacking them. Skull snipped all the little ones one by one, but we never really found Safari. Things were throwing me off, my hearing starting to feel sensitive, eyes jolting everywhere, shaking hands. Why dammit is it happening to me now?! I tried to snap out of it, but nothing moved, nor arms, legs, fingers, or even a single blink.

"You can only have one thing that you love dear.
Only choose one~"

Words start pouring into my brain and I Still was paralyzed. All in my head, "dear~ oh deary~ sweet love~" Who was talking to me?

"Sweet Dreams Love~"

Same quote from my dream, why do I have to think about it now. My legs suddenly gave up holding me and I slid down the wall. My weapon drops out of my hand. More chants of "deary" rings around my head, twirling and dancing about. All I did was stare at the floor, was more of our color, the three looks like they're better without me. "Sweet Dreams deary!~" Another quote then I feel all of ink hitting where I was shot in my dream. But the shooting stop, probably they splatted them. Slowly, I couldn't hear anything, my eyes slowly blurring, turning black. Muffled sounds and I could feel my body getting lighter and lighter but everything was dark.

***

My heavy eyelids slowly open and my senses ever so slow returning to me. Someone must've brought me to their house, because literally I don't know where the hell I am. My eyes could only move to see my surroundings. It was a small living room with the couch I'm laying on, a few nice looking chairs and a TV in front of me. I finally was able to sit up and view more. It was a small apartment and was very tidy and neat, everything was tucked into place. Also in the living room was Diver sleeping soundly in a loveseat, cuddled up in his blankets. This must've been his house, more organized than I expected. I slowly got up from the couch without a sound, and started shifting slowly to the door. I guess I wasn't quiet enough, without Diver grabbing me from the behind and away from the door. "Don't leave now, you must rest," Diver sweeps me off of my feet and bridal style. "Mm, but I'm perfectly fine~" I felt my cheeks starting to burn bright pink. "Aloha, your temperature is running high and you fainted in the last 5 seconds of turf war," Diver explains why I shouldn't leave.

"Just stay here instead."

***

Wooo
Another splatoon manga book
I don't know how or why I decided to make a love triangle, but it's fun! Kinda hard too tho
Sooo yeah, if you want me to focus more with Army x Aloha or Diver x Aloha just tell me I guess...

This book is pretty much an experiment, never writing a love triangle before :^

As always, stay Fresh!
~Marie