Pointless Child Murder

~C.C's POV~

"Oh my god, just tell them that we don't have time for this."

No response.

"Cross, answer me."

No response.

I floated next to the side of his head, and screamed so loudly that he almost screamed too.

"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Cross jumped backwards into Nightmare with a yelp.

Everyone looked at him.

"What's wrong?" Nightmare muttered, hugging him from behind.

"N-Nothing...." Cross replied. He looked to the left, where I was floating, and glared at me.

"Are we going or...?" Blue started.

I saw Error walk up to Nightmare and say something, but I wasn't sure what.

Nightmare went poker-faced and turned away from Error.

~Nightmare's POV~

"Stop messing with Dream. You like him or you don't. I don't need a war right now, so do you want your brother on your team, or not?"

That's what Error said to me.

And I can see where he's coming from.

The truth is, I know I'm being harsh on Dream with the whole 'you can't date Killer'  thing, but I do care about him.

But he'll probably never realise that.

I'm genuinely worried that Dream will turn into, as I said, one of us. He's meant to be a 'good guy'. 

But you can't protect someone forever. I suppose Dream can do what he wants.

And if it kills him...

No one can say I didn't try.

~Killer's POV~ 

My head hurt like hell.

Like, it felt like someone was lobbing bricks at my skull.

Ouch.

I also felt like I was gonna throw up. 

I don't get it, I was fine one minute, and the next, I was like this!

I could vaguely hear Dream and Ink discussing my condition, though I wasn't listening. I heard Dust get involved too, probably answering questions for me since I was too weak to do so.

I decided to try and listen after a few minutes.

"...looks like the cuts on his arms are infected, but what could have been on the knife?"

"No idea. But won't he need to take medication if they are? Like, antibiotics?"

"Yeah, he might."

"So what do we do?" 

"Come back for him?" 

"Who do we leave him with?"

"Me?"

"You sure Dream?" 

"I'd be happy to. I don't particularly want to go on this child-killing adventure anyway."

"Okay, I'll tell Error."

I looked up to see Dust walking off, Ink watching him, and Dream looking over me with concern in his eyes.