「One」

I was in a mood of not wanting to leave the comfort of the warm bed so I don't know why my body woke me up. Especially since when I forced my eyes open a bit and saw that, not only that there was barely light shining in the room, but also that the clock on the nightstand read it was only five in the morning. I groaned with annoyance as I looked around my room.

The only problem was this wasn't my room. I sprung up quickly as I scanned the room trying to get a better look at it. It was easy to tell the room wasn't even a bedroom, but a hotel. What in the world was I doing here was the question? I held my head having a headache suddenly hit my head. I had definitely drunk one too many. I hadn't even made it to the double digits. I think it only happened so easily because I wasn't a drinker. That had been my first time.

I sighed getting ready to get out of bed when I realized the arm draped over my waist. My face flushed and my heart raced as I looked over to find a man with black hair laid near me sleeping soundly. At least, that's what it looked like There was no hundred percent way I could check without waking him up.

Heat ran to my cheeks figuring we had made a swirl basically last night between the two of us because I was naked and, from the looks of it, he was as well. I couldn't really tell because he was hidden underneath the blankets.

I carefully placed his arm to the side so I could escape from the bed with more ease. I held the sheet close to me as I stood up from the bed just in case he awoke. It was silly I know because he had already seen me naked. No question there. It was more of a reflect, I guess. Good thing it seemed like he was a deep sleeper. I gathered my clothes that were scattered on the ground and made my way into the bathroom. I called Kitty on speaker phone while I got dressed.

For a second, I figured she wouldn't because it had rang about three or four times. "Hello," Kitty said groggily. I must have woken her up. I felt bad for doing so, but I needed a ride home.

"Hey, if I ping you my location, will you come pick me up?" I questioned pleading for her help.

"Where have you been? You just up and disappeared from the club last night. I looked all over the club for you. Someone finally told me you left. I thought we were spending last night together," Kitty groaned and it was easy to tell she was still tired. Also, she was cranky from being woken up.

"I'll explain when you come pick me," I replied slipping on my shoes dodging the questioning from my best friend.

I heard a yawn come from the other end followed by another question. "Can't it wait a few hours?" I bit my bottom lip. If I waited, he would wake and I couldn't face him telling me what we did was a mistake. Besides, I was pretty sure he was no different from the other males in my life. Whether he admitted it or not, I knew it was true. Besides, I was done for love. Love just seemed like it wasn't for me. Love and I just didn't mix. "Hello?"

I snapped out of my thoughts quickly. "I can't. I'm um with a stranger in a hotel room and I don't want him to see me when he wakes up," I admitted. It was stupid. I sounded like a teenager afraid of commitment. But, it was quite the opposite. Commitment was afraid of me.

"Say what?" Kitty said in a high pitch. That response seemed to wake her up from her sleep. "You sly fox. You not only get laid, your sneaking out before he wakes up. It's bout time you get back at the male species," Kitty said with a slight chuckle. "I forgive you for disappearing last night."

I rolled my eyes looking at myself in the mirror. I had the worst bedhead but no comb. So, I just ran my fingers through my hair trying to get it to settle down a little. "Very funny, Kitty. I'm not getting back at the male species. I just don't want to hear another guy tell me what we did was a mistake or it was nice knowing me, but I hope I realize it was nothing more than a hookup. I don't need that embarrassment. Will you please come pick me up," I hissed tired of the runaround.

Kitty groaned. "Fine, just ping me your location. I just wish we could see the look on his face when a female turned the tables on him." I rolled my eyes hitting the end button. I wasn't going to dignify that with a response. I just pinged her my location. It looked like her house wasn't far from the hotel surprisingly. I looked out the bedroom door and found the stranger still fast asleep. For some reason, my heart suddenly felt heavy.

Guilt maybe? No, that wasn't it. Was it? I shook my head and decided to stop questioning about what I was about to do seeing as I still had a heart and probably could easily talk myself out of walking out without a word. I grabbed my purse off the table before making my way out the door closing it quietly behind me. Outside, I waited for Kitty to pick me up. I waited and enjoyed the peace before she pulled up and I got into her car. Because the moment I did, I would be bombarded with questions and praises.