「Twenty-Six」

A/N: this chapter is dedicated to araoona and jenkings20
Thanks for joining the Hopeless Romantic Family.

My eyes opened slowly as the sunlight made it's way through the curtains of my window to greet me. I had no desire to get up from the comfort of my bed as I was still upset about losing Amora. I knew that I had probably should have gotten over it by now, but, the truth was, it was easier said than done.

I turned over in the bed half expecting Leo to be by my side once more. I had told him I was fine after day one, but he had insisted that he stayed and keep me company after the whole ordeal. Honestly, I couldn't complain. It was nice having him to keep me company through this time.

Leo was, however, not in the bed nor was he in the bedroom. I sat up in the bed as I felt my heart rush. Fear overcame me as I figured maybe he had heard me crying last night. My feet hit the cool wooden floor as I climbed out of bed. As the covers fell off me, I could feel the cool breeze hit my skin since I was wearing nothing but a large t-shirt and some booty shorts.

I made my way down the hallway thinking he was downstairs cooking breakfast again. "I'm so glad you're here," I heard Leo say as I reached the end of the hallway.

I wondered who he was talking to as I peeked around the corner. There was Kitty taking a seat on the couch with Leo following her lead. I wondered what was going on as I leaned against the wall so they wouldn't see me. "What's going on?" she asked. I could hear the concern in her voice as she asked the question that echoed my thoughts.

"I'm worried about Louise," Leo told her. "She's been crying at night. It pains my heart and I'm unsure of what to do." My heart raced as I realized he had heard me last night and the previous nights before. I just wondered why he hadn't talked to me.

"I mean that's normal. She did just lose another kid. She'll be fine. She's stronger than you think."

"You don't understand. She's not just crying every night. She's gets angry just at the slightest things. She's sleeping more. I sometimes have to beg her to try to eat something. It's like mood swings. I'm afraid she's going into depression."

They were both silent. But only for a moment before Kitty broke it with an opinion of her own. "Well, if you're so worried, why not call her doctor? I'm pretty sure they can probably fit her in today. It is a small town."

My fingers dug into my palms. I didn't need to go to the doctor. I was fine. I just needed time to process things on my own time. I didn't understand why they couldn't just leave me alone for once. "Good idea."

I took this moment to make my presence known as I rounded the corner with new founded irritation. "I don't need to go to the doctor. I'm fine," I hissed.

The two turned around on the couch with surprise written all over their face. "Louise-" Leo began.

"No," I hissed glaring at him daring him to challenge me as I crossed my arms.

Leo's eyes soften as he looked at me with sorrow. "Louise, please. I'm just worried about you is all. Is that such a crime?" I was about to answer when he rushed to finish his plea. "Please, Louise. If you go and the doctor says there is nothing wrong, I promise to not bother you with it again."

My facial expression eased as I took his words in consideration. There was no harm in going and getting it over with. At least, this way I could have him off my back. "Fine."

xxx

Kitty had been right. The doctor had been able to get me in later that day. I couldn't say I wasn't relief to go ahead and get this over with so Leo could stop worrying.