「Nine」

A/N: Sorry for the delay on the chapters. We are going through an upgrade at my job which gives me little time to write. Here are two chapters to make up for the lack on uploads.

My heart dropped as he finished telling me the story. It would have never crossed my mind that we could have potentiality met in the past. I swallowed as my one hand clenched the other in my lap as I spoke the only question that came to mind at the moment. "Why didn't you ever tell me we met before?" My tone was low as I slowly let my gaze rise from my lap and onto him.

In return, Leo closed his eyes letting out a slightly long sigh before they opened once more looking out beyond the lake. "My plan was to get to know you first before telling you the truth in fear of scaring you off. I didn't expect for things to go as far as they did. I told myself not to ruin a wonderful night. That I could tell you in the morning. I just didn't think you'd run away that morning." He let his gaze slowly meet mine again. "But you were gone before I could tell you." My heart pounded as the memory of that night wasn't easily forgotten as much as I tried to forget it. I shivered remembering him kissing me softly on the shoulder as he held me close causing me to feel his heart beat against my back.

Why was my body continuing to ignore reason? My heart fought against my mind. It amazed me about despite how broken it was it still wanted nothing but love and would stop at nothing to get it. I decided to put some space in between the two of us to try to bring my heart back down to reality. I only made it a few feet away before I felt a grip on my wrist. I was speechless as I came face to face with Leo once more and was backed up into the tree. His hands rested firmly on the trunk on either side of me.

He leaned in only leaving a few inches from my face. I wanted so badly to kiss him and feel his lips on mine once again, but I fought the urge that built up deep in my gut. "Besides," he began with a grin. "If I had told you, things probably would have turned out differently and we wouldn't have a miracle growing inside you."

My cheeks burned at his direct approach. I could tell Leo was the type not to back down as easily. I swallowed hard not dropping the eye contact trying to be as strong as possible when fear overcame me. He was wrong, but it was the last thing I wanted to admit. So, I turned the conversation around. I scoffed before replying to his remark. "Speaking of that night, it was only supposed to last for one. Why couldn't you leave well enough alone and pretend not to know me?" I hissed.

This didn't kill Leo's grin. All I gained was a slight chuckle from him. "Because you're carrying my child and I tend to be in their life." Leo caressed my face softly. It was my chance to break free and walk away from him again. Yet, I frozen in my tracks by his charm and his eyes glued on me. "Besides," he said leaning closer so his lips were near my ear. "I believe we were meant to be." He pulled back to give me another warm smile. "After all, we ran into each other for the third time without even trying. It's got to mean something don't you think?"

A groan escaped from within me. "Leo," I heard a woman call out stopping me from saying anything in return. A woman jogged in our direction as her kinky curly curls bounced with each step. The setting sun glistened off her bronze skin before she entered the shade of the trees with us. She stopped and looked between us before ending on Leo. "I'm sorry to interrupt," she began hesitatingly.

I thought this would be a sign for Leo to back off, but he stood his ground not ashamed. The thought only made my cheeks burn more . "What's wrong, Tai?"

The woman, now known as Tai, cleared her throat before speaking once again. "Amora is upset. She needs you," she said in short.

Leo smile dropped and didn't bother asking anymore questions as he rushed off. Tai was on his heels quickly, so I followed suite. We approached a brick house. I was surprised I hadn't notice it earlier, but with the handful of trees that engulfed the home keeping it invisible to the naked eye.