What's the Difference ♡ One ♡

"R

"R.I.P Holly. Taken from us too soon," the caption read. My heart dropped as I looked at the twelve year old girl and quickly recognized her. I private chatted the friend that had shared the post on the news feed.

'What happened? When did she die?' I typed out.

'You should know. It's your fault she's dead,' Karen replied before blocking me. I could hear the anger from the words she had typed out. What did she mean it was my fault? Tears came to my eyes as I wished we could have stayed in Everfalls. I had no idea what had happened, but I figured maybe if I had stayed I could have saved her life.

My mother came bursting into my bedroom and I quickly turned the screen off on my tablet before slipping it under my pillow so she couldn't see I was checking my Timeline again. She didn't like I was keeping in contact with the friends back home through social media. She'd rather I cut ties completely.

"Tomorrow's your special day," she stated once again. She reminded me of a broken record seeing as she had already said this when we went dress shopping earlier so I looked 'perfect' for whatever was in-stored for tomorrow.

She laid out a yellow dress on the chair in my room as I sat on my bed speechless.

"Why is tomorrow a special day?" I asked once more since she hadn't answered me earlier.

My mom smiled sweetly as she turned her attention to me. "I told you dear. If I tell you, it will ruin the surprise," she stated. "Just make sure you get a good night sleep. We need to get up early to get your hair done." With that, my mom left me alone in the room once more closing the door behind her.

I pulled my tablet back out and looked for the post from Karen so I could see who had liked the post. Maybe I could ask one of them what happened. However, I could no longer see the post since Karen had blocked me. My only hope was to go back home for some answers.

I put my car keys and my savings in my shoulder bag. It was time to get some answers. I crawled out of bed and out of window. I quickly was drenched with the rain falling from the sky as I made my way out of the window. I almost chickened out as I saw how high off the ground I was, but then I quickly shook it off.

I needed to know what happened to Holly. I took my time going down the wooden lattice. It was covered in vines from the flowers my mom planted a few years ago. It was apart of the garden she built by hand. The thunder roared scaring me. I let go of the lattice fence and fell back onto my butt. I had already been close to the ground so I didn't break anything thankful. My butt was just somewhat sore. "I'll be back," I theoretically told my parents even though they couldn't hear me.

I got into the car my parents bought me the day I graduated from high school and set off to my home town.

xxx

'Welcome to Everfalls,' the sign read as I drove past it. I couldn't believe I was finally back home. I had some good memories here, however I had to remind myself that the trip was only temporarily.

I decided to drive past my childhood home. I knew it no longer stood, but I just wanted to see it one last time since I was in town. What I didn't know was that I was in for a real shocker. When I pulled up, not only was my childhood home still standing, it had not even a blemish to it. "They lied to me," I mumbled under my breath.

We didn't need to leave. We could have stayed and I could have saved Holly's life. Tears formed in my eyes as I sat there wishing I knew what had happened to Holly. Then I got an idea. I don't know why I hadn't thought about it before I had wasted so much gas. But, I knew who would tell me what had happened to Holly all them years ago.

I pulled out my phone and sent a text to my best friend, Louise hoping she was still up and not busy with her boyfriend, Rider. I knew, if anyone had answers and would give me them straight forward, it would be Louise. I just hoped I could handle the truth.

A/N: Welcome back to the Difference Series. This will be the final book of the series and I hope you enjoy it. Who do you think Holly is and what do you think Kitty's parents lied about?

Want to read more? Look for the third and final book of the Series on my profile What's the Difference