「Five」

Every fiber in my bones told me to get up and run away. So, that's exactly what I tried to do. I jumped up from my seat quickly. "I need to go to the bathroom," I said quickly.

"But you haven't met my brother," Ben said. I pretended not to hear him as I tried to escape the awkward moment. I was determined to keep the baby my secret. Before I could scurry away though, Leo blocked my path. Meeting him face to face once again made my heart flutter. It felt heavily instantly when our eyes met. I was speechless for words.

"Actually we met once before. It was brief, but I would remember that face anywhere," Leo said with a grin. I felt my face burn from his words.

I swallowed hard and couldn't take my eyes off Leo. "You didn't tell me you knew my brother," Ben said as a smile grew on his face. Ben didn't even know that 'knowing his brother' was an understatement. Seeing Leo's face again brought back that night quickly.

That was an understatement and I knew that. As I looked over to Ben, my heart fluttered a bit as I hid the truth from him. "I didn't know he was your brother. Like he said it was brief so the conversation wasn't exactly long," I said stretching the truth to the best of my abilities. I needed to get away as quickly as possible. "I need to go to the bathroom." I figured I could hide in there long enough until they left.

I side-stepped Leo as I quickly walked away from the group. I dashed around the corner being careful not to trip on anything because I was known for being a klutz. It was when I was safely in the bathroom that I felt like I could breath freely. My head laid against the wall as my heart raced trying to keep up with my scattering.

I tried to think of a way to escape when all of a sudden a whelm of sickness overcame me. I pushed the stall open and fell to my knees where I puked up my guts. I was sicker than a dog at the moment. The running didn't help my morning sickness or my stress. I needed to be careful. Just when I thought I was done, another round escaped my stomach. My baby needed to chill.

I sat there on my knees and hands on toilet for a few just in case I wasn't done. I definitively needed to wash my hands when I was done as well as my mouth. The taste wasn't no better from the smell.

The bathroom door slammed closed and I prayed Leo didn't have the guts to risk coming into the girls restroom. "Are you okay, Louise?" I didn't even need to look up to recognize that it was my best friend who had come to check in on me. I sighed a breath of relief.

"Yeah. Just a bit sick honestly," I said. I looked up from my pitiful position to see Kitty standing behind me with a slight frown. She held her hand out to me and I shook my head. "Thanks, Kitty, but I'll get up on my own. I was just touching these toilets," I replied getting up and than flushing the toilet.

I took a breathier as I walked past Kitty to wash my hands. "Ben and Leo were worried about you. Ben wanted to stay and make sure you were alright, but his daughter hurt herself in the playroom."

My heart sank as something just occurred to me. "Did you tell Leo what was going on?" I asked as I looked at her with panic.

Kitty stood there with her arms crossed and shrugged a bit. "I told him you were probably sick because you were pregnant. Why?"

I groaned with annoyance as I realized there was no hiding the truth from him know. He would be nagging me nonstop now. He knew there was no other guy. "He's the baby father," I mumbled knowing I needed to explain no further. I bent over to wash the disgusting taste from my mouth.

"Louise, I'm, um-" Kitty stuttered before silence rang through the walls of the bathroom. I turned off the faucet and looked her in the face. "Louise, I'm sorry I didn't know."

I took a deep breath shaking my head knowing it was entirely her fault. "I know you didn't. Just trying to think of a way out of this mess before he wraps his brain around him being the father."

"Maybe give up on trying to dodge him all at once and giving him a chance." Kitty said with a roll of her eyes. She turned on her heel and headed to the door.

"And who says he wants a chance," I hissed causing her to come at a halt. She whirled back around looking me over before answering.

"You're right. Why don't you ask him and give him the opportunity to give you an answer." It was my turn to roll my eyes. "Look, there's no guarantee he wants to be with you or that if he is he'll be different, but he may want to at least be a father."

I exhaled heavily once again crossing my arms narrowing my eyes at my best friend. "I'm not giving him a chance to hurt me like all the others," I hissed marching to the door.

"Louise, come on," Kitty pleaded. I just ignored her as I swung the door open and came face to face with Leo. My heart immediately dropped as my mouth grew dry. I wanted so bad to go crawl up in a hole and hide. Kitty slid through the door. "Well, this is awkward. I'm going to leave you two to talk." With that, she scurried away leaving me alone in the heated moment. Thanks a lot bestie.

I side stepped Leo once again determine to get away from him. "I better get going as well. I have a lot I need to get done," I replied. I tried to get away, but he was faster than me this time.

Leo backed me into the wall and entwined his fingers in between mine as he pinned my hands on either side of me. His face was only inches away from mine making my heart flutter with anticipation. My nerves were everywhere and I could think to do was lick my lips, but I fought the urge to do that. I was completely speechless. "You can't keep running from me, Louise," he hissed in a husky voice.

I narrowed my eyes determined to keep strong and not lose myself again like I had done a month ago. "I'm not running away. I just have things to do," I mumbled.

Leo chuckled before shaking his head. "No you don't. You're just trying to avoid talking about what happened between us and, more importantly, about our baby."

"It's not your baby. There's nothing to talk about," I mumbled looking anywhere but at him.

"You can't lie to me, Louise. You told me that you hadn't been intimate with a guy for a while. It's why I was extremely gentle with you the first time because I was afraid I was going to hurt you." He kissed my blushing cheek and, for a moment, I was silent. I had completely forgotten I had told him that.

There was no lying about who the father was now. "Look, if you want to be in the baby's life, fine. It doesn't mean we have to be together."

Leo's smile fell and my face soften as I slowly started to feel bad for how I said it. I tried to pull my hands from his so I could walk away. After all, I figured our conversation was over at that point. At least for now anyway. But, he only tighten his hands against mine. "Look Louise. I don't know why, but for some reason you snuck out on me that night. What I do know is, you may have ran away once, but I'm not letting you run away from me again."

I took a deep breath seeing this was going to be harder than what I thought. I needed to explain why this wasn't going to work and let him down as easily as possible. "Leo, this can't work. You were just flirting with a girl a moment ago. We-"

"Listen to me," he hissed. I swallowed and decided to at least let him tell me what he needed to say before letting him down. "You are mine. I'm not letting you go again. Whether you believe it or not, I'm going to love you, Louise." I didn't know what to do or say at that point. I was again lost for words. It didn't help that he smashed his lips against mine bringing back sparks I had felt a month ago. "I'll see you later, love."