11. Ya Need a Bath

It took us about an hour, but we finally finished skinning all of the squirrels. I'm a mess, I look like a victim from a horror film and probably smelled worse. Daryl and Merle had blood on their hands, but that was about it. Daryl looked at me with his signature smirk, and scoffed,

"When was the last time ya had a bath? ya smell like crap." He questions.

"Don't know don't care."

I left it at that. Merle speaks up,

"Well if you intend to skin your meat here, you ain't gonna be walkin round smellin like that."

I just rolled my eyes.

"y'all do it every day."

He goes into his tent and comes back with a stained towel. He puts it over his shoulder, and heads over to the RV. When he knocks Dale answers the door and hears him out. I wish I knew what they were saying, cause Dale keeps looking at me funny. Maybe cause I'm covered in blood. When he shut the door Merle stands there for a second till Dale opens it again, he hands him a bag, and a brush.

Oh no, I think I'll be leaving now, the brush he gave   Merle is definitely not for him.

When I stand up to leave Daryl just gives me a look that says to sit down. I take another step towards the woods when he speaks up with a stern voice

"sit." I wasn't About to take a bath.

turned the other way and take off only to be caught by Merle, and thrown over his shoulder.

"where are we off to in such a hurry darlin?"

I don't even care what he does to me, he can throw me in the quarry, or tan the hide off of me.I start to kick and hit him, and let out a small yell.

"Let me go! Get your hands off me ya big ugly..."

I don't even get to finish my sentence before I hear Apollo growling. Merle just yells at him

"Quit I already said I wasn't gonna hurt her. Now git outta here."

my dog goes back to his scraps, and lies down.

"APOLLO!!!"

I am angry, and tired of being man handled by a bunch of redneck losers. Before I can do anything else I am practically thrown in their truck. Daryl holds me still, in his lap so Merle can drive.

I am still trashing around when he stops at the bottom of the quarry. Merle roughly grabs me away from Daryl, and starts walking towards the water. I keep kicking him and hitting him wherever and whenever I can. He doesn't stop walking, and I start practically begging.

"Please don't, you can't do this! Please just let me go!"

"No can do little one. Don't worry though it will be over soon. Before ya know it you'll be smelling like,"

he pauses to look at the bottle of shampoo.

"kiwi lime." He says sarcastically.

I am almost crying, I hate the water. When I was little I didn't know how to swim and almost drowned. I know nobody is around except the brothers, so instead of just thrashing around I start to scream as loud as I can. I also have tears running down my face, but luckily no one can see them with me thrashing around.

   Merle puts me down, but still has me in a strong grip. He turns me to face him and asks me,

"Now are we gonna do this the easy way or the hard?"

Instead of answering his question I kick him as hard as I can where the sun don't shine and try to run. I didn't get very far cause Daryl grabs me before I can get away.