53.Beside the Dying Fire

I wake up with a headache, I can't even describe how bad it hurts. I want to keep my eyes closed cause of the light and the talking is making it worse. I'm still in Lori's lap, with Beth right beside us hugging us. I know T is driving but I still don't know where anybody else is. Or where we are for that matter. I think it's daytime now cause I can feel the sun through the window, and It isn't totally dark I can tell there's light.
"We have to go back. Daryl's gonna be worried about me," I cry.
"Sorry kid, there's no way it's suicide."
"We have to go back!" I start hitting where I've assessed him to be.
"Owww, stop that!" He barks, but I hear a bit of guilt in his voice. Lori tightens her grip on me so I can't hit him anymore. I cry, and my headache gets worse as they start to argue. After more arguing and Lori showing a stubborn streak I had no idea she had I feel T-dog finally turn the vehicle around. I'm still crying and I hear Beth doing the same beside me.
"Lori where are we?"
"Almost to the highway."
"I want Daryl," I whimper.
"I know I know, but it's gonna be okay."
"What if he isn't there? What if he's..."
"Then I'll take care of you. You are never gonna be alone." I cover my eyes trying to block the light.
"We're here Mason." Lori says. She helps me out of the vehicle and I cling to her side. I hear something and she runs off and I can't find her I guess she forgot about the whole blind thing. Everything is making me confused till I hear the one thing that calms me immediately.
"Masie!"
"Daryl!" I yell, and reach my arms out trying to find him. I bump into a car and fall down, but somebody helps me up and hugs me. I can tell by the vest and muscles it's Daryl.
"I'm so sorry."
"Please don't leave me again I was so scared."
"I know it's okay now everything is gonna be alright."
"I still can't see."
"I know it's okay Hershel will look at it."
"Who all made it?" I smile as I hear everybody telling me they made it. I notice that Shane and Andrea aren't here, and a few of Hershel's people.
"Where now?" Somebody asks.
"We gotta keep moving, there's been walkers crawling all over the place." Rick says.
"I say head east," Somebody suggests.
"Stay off the main roads. The bigger the road, the more walkers." Daryl says.
"Rick you take mason with you, Lori, and Carl."
"Yeah no problem."
"Daryl I wanna stay with you!" I beg.
"Masie listen, you gotta be braver than ever now. Carol is gonna be on my bike with me, and when we get to wherever we're going I'm gonna be right there with ya. You look exhausted, and it's gonna be colder on the bike, alright." I let a few tears slip out, but nod my head anyway.
     I feel myself being transferred to someone else's arms, by the feel of them it's Rick.
"I'll check on her eyes when we stop." Hershel tells us.
"My head hurts," I whine.
"I got some stuff." Daryl says coming over to us.
"This is medicine for adults there isn't even a child's amount on the bottle," Lori complains.
"Give it your best guess." I say getting chuckles from around me. Lori gives me about a half a pill when we get into the vehicle. It knocks the headache out and me right along with it.

     "You're sure you can see the light?" Hershel asks me.
"Yes sir, I can see shadows too."
"What's that mean?" Daryl asks.
"Good and bad news. Mason should be getting her sight back before too long. However, that headache earlier has me worried, by what she told me about it, it was a migraine."
"What's a migrate?" I ask and Hershel chuckles.
"Migraine... It's a very bad headache. You'll be getting those for a while, and we can't keep loading you up with pills. When we run out it'll be worse. We might as well try to give you small amounts, and only if the migraine is too bad too stand."
"Why can't I see anything?"
"It seems that when Andrea shot at a walker that was close to you the flash of it was too much for your eyes."
"Thanks Hershel." I say and try to smile at him, but I'm still in a bit of pain.
"I'm gonna wrap your eyes with this cloth make sure you keep it on, I'll take it off in a few days and we'll see how your sight is." I shake my head and I think Hershel leaves.
     I guess we were running out of gas so we had to take temporary shelter. Daryl has me laying with Carl and Lori because he's talking with some of the others. We are all trying to keep calm, but twigs are snapping in the forest.
"What was that?" Beth asks.
"Could be anything, a raccoon, possum," Daryl says obviously trying to calm everybody down.
"A walker," Glenn interrupts.
"We need to leave, what are we waiting for?" Carol asks frantically.
"Daryl?"
"Stay quiet Masie." He orders.
Rick starts,
"The last thing we need is for everyone to be running off in the dark. We don't have the vehicles, no one is traveling on foot," he says authority in his voice.
"Don't panic," Hershel tries.
"I'm not sitting here waiting for another herd to blow through. We need to move, now!" Maggie says.
"No one is going anywhere!" Rick says sternly.
"Do something!" I can't tell who says that.
"I am doing something, I'm keeping this group together, alive! I've been doing that all along, no matter what... I didn't ask for this! I killed my best friend for you people!" I look up suddenly. I knew Shane died, but I didn't know that Rick killed him. It was silent before Rick started pointing out how it was obvious Shane was going crazy and he was dangerous.
"He staged that whole thing with Randall. He let me out to put a bullet in my back, he gave me no choice." I can't hear very well cause Carl starts to cry. I don't blame him though, he loved Shane.
"My hands are clean!" I hear more branches snap. But I catch the last part of Rick's speech.
"If you're staying, this isn't a democracy anymore." Everybody is quiet, even Carl.
     I feel somebody pick me up.
"Hey Masie, come on you need sleep." Daryl says. I sit on his lap while he keeps watch.
"We lost so much."
"It was never ours... but I'm sorry about your dog."
"He wasn't mine... he protected me."
"I'm gonna protect you." I can't see him so I put my small hand on his cheek. He kisses my forehead and pulls me closer for warmth.
     I don't know what will happen through all of this world, but I do know this. I won't be alone as long as I have Daryl, and all the others. At first I didn't want anybody, but now I know I need them. their my family... And families stick together.

OH MY GOSH! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS BOOK IS OVER, FOR THE LAST 7 MONTHS THIS HAS BEEN ON MY MIND EVERY DAY! THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HAS VOTED AND COMMENTED ON MY CHAPTERS, AND GIVEN ME SO MANY READS... I HAVE A SUPERNATURAL IMAGINES BOOK OUT WITH OPEN REQUESTS SO BE SURE TO CHECK THAT OUT, AND PLEASE REQUEST😂😂😂🙏🏼

LOVE, PEACE, AND CHICKEN GREASE!