50.Randall

I wake up to a nightmare. The sun is barely coming up, and Daryl is still snoring peacefully. I get into my daytime clothes, and sneak out of the tent. Since nobody is awake I go and sit on a fence looking at the sunrise having a moment of pure relaxation which is unusual. No nightmares, annoying chores, overbearing women (even though I know it makes me feel less like an outsider), or angry people, or yelling...
"MASON!" I snap my head over to see Daryl running around outside the tent. Oh, boy.
I jump off the fence, and run full speed to him. He sees me, and grabs my arms and shakes me hard.
"You scared the life outta me! Why'd you leave without telling me?! What were you thinking?!"
"I didn't want to wake you. You looked tired so I left you be. I'm sorry... I was just looking at the sunrise." He's more calm now so he stops gripping so hard, and puts his hand on my shoulders. We turn to look at the sunrise. I turn so my back is leaning on him, and he puts his hands back on my shoulders.
"It's nice ain't it?" He grunts.
"Masie, I'm sorry I even thought about leaving you here. It's just I want you to be safe, and I think the best place to keep you safe is right here with me."
"So your not leaving me here!"
"Heck no kid. Your with me."
"Swear it? Scouts honor?"
"Scouts on?" He says with a smirk.
"How about survivors honor?" I say happily and he snorts.
"Survivors honor." We shake on it, and he walks away to get changed.
     When we walk to the others people are just starting to move around. Still looking sleepy. Glenn, Rick, and probably Hershel are still gone. I go to get some eggs when a familiar car pulls into the driveway.
"Stay here," Daryl commands. I obey, but my dog doesn't agree and stands up. Daryl growls,
"Sit down... or you'll be on the plate next to those eggs," He threatens. To my surprise Apollo backs down. Daryl runs over to see what's going on. Everybody gets out, but they have a new guy. He looks hurt, I wonder what happened. Daryl comes back over.
"Who is that?"
"Don't matter he ain't gonna be here long. Eat your food." I don't have any problem with that.
     I guess Rick and Shane went to bring that guy somewhere he wouldn't bother us anymore. I've had to do chores all day, it isn't bad though it keeps me busy.
    I hear the car pull up, and see the guys get out with the same guy in tow. I see Daryl go into the shed where their keeping him, and I go to follow but get called over too where Lori is. Almost everyone is there. We all sit down and wait for Daryl to come outta the shed. He tells the adults what the guy told him.
"Nobody goes near him," Rick orders.
     Once everybody walks away I go over to Daryl.
"What's his name?"
"That don't matter cause you won't every meet him." I huff, and he continues.
"And if I find out you went anywheres near that shed... then I'm gonna put you right over my knee, and that's survivors honor. Understood?" I gulp cause I know he keeps his word,
"Yes sir."
"Good." He gets up and walks towards the woods. I see Carl walking dangerously close to the shed. I run over to him as fast as I can,
"Carl what are you doing?"
"I'm going to see him for myself."
"You're gonna get in trouble."
"Not if I don't get caught."
"How do you know you won't?"
"I'll be careful.. you should come too."
"Heck no! Daryl would..."
"Hey I don't want to hear the excuse I know you're probably just scared of him."
"Am not!"
"Hey! It's alright you're just a little girl."
"I'll show you!"
     I run faster than him, and make it to the shed before him. Forgetting all about Daryl's warning I climb up and into the top window. I see the man... no the boy sitting there looking scared. He looks close to Beth's age, maybe a little older.
     When Carl comes in he goes down to him. I stay up in the hayloft, and listen. It's boring, but I find out his name is Randall, and he's scared of dying and pain. Looks like Daryl really did a number on him.
As I'm thinking that the door swings open. I back way up and hide in the hay, so they can't see me. I hear Shane yelling then Andrea. The door closes and I jump up, and climb carefully out the window. I make sure not to be seen. He finally lets Carl go, and walks away.
I run out, and go to Carl.
"What'd he do?"
"Just got really mad."
"Is he gonna tell your parents?"
"I don't think so, don't worry he doesn't know you were in there."
"Good... why didn't you tell him? You probably could have gotten rid of some of the blame."
"Friends don't tell." He says confidently.
"Thanks, Daryl would be furious."
"Would he hit you?"
"Not like that, but I wouldn't be sitting down for a while." Carl chuckles, and walks away.
     After a boring day, I sit and lay on my cot. Daryl storms in. My heart stops... he knows.
"Why can't these people just leave me be."
"I don't know?"
"It was rhetorical."
"Rhet-what?" I raise and eyebrow.
"It means I wasn't expecting and answer."
"Then why'd ya ask?" He just snorts and looks away.
"What have you been up to punky Brewster?"
"Huh?"
"Never mind, Before you're time," He chuckles.
"You didn't answer my question..."
"Not much it's been boring, Carl's not doing nothin with me. The adults are all busy."
"Well, things might start cooling down after a bit."
"Yeah, I guess, especially once Randall leaves."
"Yeah no more... wait how did you know his name?" He says folding his arms... shoot.

UPDATE EARLY... WHY NOT.
I'M GONNA BE REALLY BUSY THIS WEEK, SO IDK IF IM GONNA UPDATE SUNDAY AGAIN, BUT HOPEFULLY🤞🏼🤞🏼😃😃😃