1

There are moments in Logan Winchester's life when she has felt like she has hit rock bottom. A lot of moments. A lot, a lot of moments. But this moment kind of edges out the rest. Her big brother Dean has a broken leg, her twin brother Sam is broke in the noggin, Logan is pretty sure she bruised her ribs, their friendly neighbourhood angel is MIA or dead, they have no idea how to hunt their current monster threat, the Leviathans, and they're hold up in a cabin in the middle of nowhere. Being stuck indoors with her two brothers is not something she enjoys. They drive her around the bend. Especially Dean, who is like a whiney baby when he is off his feet. A great, big, whiney baby. And she needs to get out before she actually shoots him in the head. She heads towards the cabin door, Dean perks up from the couch and watches her.

"Where are you going?" Dean asks her.

"To the store" Logan answers.

"For?" Dean asks, she sighs and looks to him.

"Feminine stuff" she answers, he pulls a face and stops asking, she learnt many. Many years ago that the quickest way to get Dean to butt out is to bring up feminine stuff. That ends the conversation there and then. "Keep an eye on Sam" she comments, Dean nods and looks to her.

"Get me some pie" he tells her, she shoots him a look. "Please" he adds, she smirks and nods before leaving, she takes a breath outside once the door closes.

.................

Logan sits at a bar in town nursing a whiskey. So she lied to Dean about where she was going. But it won't matter when she brings him pie back.

"Can I get another?" she asks pushing her empty glass towards the bartender who nods and turns to refill her glass. She runs her fingers through her hair and shakes it out behind her. The bartender returns her drink and she thanks him before taking a sip. She is then turning to raise an eyebrow at the man suddenly sat at her side and looking at her. "Can I help you?" she asks him, he taps his fingers on the bar before he is reaching into his jacket. She reaches her hand into the back of her jeans and wraps her fingers around her gun. But he pulls out a badge. "No" she snaps already no longer interested in anything he has to say. "Whoever you are, whoever you work for...you have the wrong girl" she turns back to the bar releasing her gun and picking up her drink.

"My name is Phil Coulson, I work for SHIELD" He explains. "You are Logan Winchester" and sets a tablet on the bar pushing it towards her. She raises an eyebrow as she looks to it.

"What is this?" she asks staring at the blue glowing cube on the screen.

"The world is changing, Miss Winchester" he offers, she snorts and looks to him with a bitch face that rivals her brother.

"You don't say" she deadpans. He swipes at the screen which changes to a picture of Loki.

"This man, stole the cube you saw on the last page" he offers. "We need help getting it back...." he gives her a look. Logan starts laughing, almost hysterically.

"You need my help?" she asks him. "Me?" he nods completely serious. "What? You don't have like...Iron Man and people like him"

"We do"

"So why the hell are you here asking for my help then?" she asks.

"I expect a woman that's returned from the dead has a unique view on the world" Coulson answers, she glances to him raising an eyebrow at him. "A woman that's returned from the dead a few times....a wider view"

"And how do you know all this exactly?" She asks. "You spy on random people now?"

"Our interest in you started after you were brought in to intern under Dr. Banner" she flinches a little and looks away. That's a name she hasn't heard in years. That's not to say she hasn't thought about him. Everyday. When she wakes up. When she goes to sleep. When she finds a particularly interesting article about Gamma radiation. She was young when she met him and she really thought she was in love with him. He made her feel special and brilliant and she really loved getting the chance to do real science. Despite the age difference he seemed to care just as much as she did, she loved him. Until everything changed, everything just.....blew up. And she's tried really hard to forget about all of it. To forget him. She just can't. "And given your family's involvement in the supernatural our interest has only grown in last seven years" he touches the screen which brings up a file on her, included a list of her criminal record, and outstanding warrants.

"So SHIELD knows about monsters?" she asks, he nods.

"We do" he answers.

"Why me and not my brothers?" she asks. "Surely they are more qualified"

"You seem to think so little of yourself" he comments. "I happen to know that even without your background, your intelligence is something that should be recognised, how often is it that you get to partake in the science you love nowadays?" he asks. "Don't you miss it?" she glances to him and then groans, she really does miss science. As much as she loves hunting she's always felt a calling to science. But hunting is the family business and it's what she was born to do and she doesn't want to let her father down or her brothers.

"Of course I do" she answers him. "But I am busy at the moment, you know....big monster problem and all" she turns back to her drink.

"How's that going?" he asks, she shoots him a look.

"Well you know, two injured hunters and a possibly dead angel, how well do you think?" she counter asks sarcastically. "I see nothing in this for me" she pushes the tablet back towards him. "But good luck"

"SHIELD is willing, in exchange for your help, erase yours, Dean's and Sam's criminal records" she looks to him. "And offers the organisation as a support, if you need it"

"Yeah, now we could use your help" she snarks. "We managed before, hell, we stopped the actual apocalypse without you...."

"Money then" she pulls a face. "Okay, how about a state of the art lab and the chance to work alongside Tony Stark" she looks more interested now.

"On top of the erased criminal records?" she asks, he nods. "And....We make a stop for pie on the way to pick up my crap" she tells him. He raises an eyebrow at her.